Webster area first week of October

Never been up in the fall but we're going to be hitting the same lakes we hit during our spring trips. Enemy Swim, Roy, Cattail/Kettle, Clear and maybe Pickerel which we've been avoiding because of the known mussel infestation. Just don't want to be responsible for contributing to the spread.

Question about Waubay. I know there are smallmouth to be caught on that lake but we can never find them. Usually load the boat with wipers and a few walleye but that's not what we are after. I know wind is critical on that lake as well and it's kept us off of it entirely many times.

Is anyone familiar with it willing to share what part of the lake we should be concentrating on for SM? Don't need specifics just a general area. We usually launch out of Grenville. Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Three weeks out and you SD boys are tighter lipped than a Nebraska largemouth. Hoping your lines are tighter

3. Member
    I'd give you some thoughts, and that is just all they are, because I suck at fishing.

Never fished any of those lakes in the fall, but they do put the feed bag on, so it should be good.

It is just rock plies and humps in 6 - 10' fow Tubes and jigs

Waubay, aside from the obvious humps and rock piles, I'd look in the trees on the east side. Sometimes smallmouth think they are green.

Just my $.02
    Dave

Cant help haha

Quote Originally Posted by bass57348 View Post
    I'd give you some thoughts, and that is just all they are, because I suck at fishing.
    Don't believe it
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

6. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bass57348 View Post

Never fished any of those lakes in the fall, but they do put the feed bag on, so it should be good.

It is just rock plies and humps in 6 - 10' fow Tubes and jigs

Waubay, aside from the obvious humps and rock piles, I'd look in the trees on the east side. Sometimes smallmouth think they are green.

Just my $.02
    Good stuff Dave. Thank You

7. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macsimus View Post
    Don't believe it
    I don't. . . .

8. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Had a great trip to SD last week. Too many cookie cutter 2.5 to 3 pounders to count with a few fours thrown in. When one part of the lake was slow there was always a windy shoreline where the bite was on. Good times