Caracal STS vs. Eyra

What are the different performance characteristics between the Caracal STS and the most recent Eyra design? Maneuverability with the TM, set height in the console, holes hot with 250 HP, and shallow water capability? Is a hydraulic JP necessary on the Caracal STS?

2. Member
    Im curious why this post never go any attention. I presonally would have liked to hear some responses as i have a new Eyra and the caracal sts peaked my interest.

3. Member
    I honestly think its too early to tell. There are a few of the Caracal STS models out there at dealers but other than those that rode in them at the dealer meeting and public demo day, there probably isn't much experience in them yet.

4. Member
    Rick would probably be to give this answer. I thought he was a big eyra guy. I wonder as well On this. I have always favored the caracal(but a totally different beast now) meaning I own a 1988 model untill 2014. I personally didn't care for the latter caracal but the new one has my attention. I bet this newer caracal is awesome, as all models of the bascat family. As the saying goes "pick what fits your bill". I love my p2 but I always told myself either the cougar or eyra would be my next if I needed another.
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

5. Member
    i drove one at the dealer meeting. It reminded me alot of the Eyra while driving and the only similar characteristics to the previous Caracal is the beam. Seat height is higher than the Eyra. The Caracal STS is a larger boat comparing to the Eyra with a similar top end speed and a similar ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Addison View Post
    i drove one at the dealer meeting. It reminded me alot of the Eyra while driving and the only similar characteristics to the previous Caracal is the beam. Seat height is higher than the Eyra. The Caracal STS is a larger boat comparing to the Eyra with a similar top end speed and a similar ride.
    Really doesn’t get better than that, come on 10/16 build date.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

7. Member
    I love my Eyra but getting older my balance isn't as good as it used to be. Thinking the Caracal STS will be my last boat before retirement...awaiting real world results before I make a move.

They are close in comparisons, the Eyra has more potential. With a 250 either one will be front of most packs. There’s a few MPH a between them and the weights are different also. The ride will go to the STS hull, while nimble driving goes to the Eyra.

9. Member
    Appreciate the details and look forward to more information as owners experience the new Caracal STS hull.

10. Member
    BCB = can you comment on the fishing difference between the 2? Stability difference?

The stability will be very close and the Eyra is fairly stable. The Caracal STS hull’s running surface is shorter than the Eyra, thus it’s a trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by 5 keepers View Post
    BCB = can you comment on the fishing difference between the 2? Stability difference?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    They are close in comparisons, the Eyra has more potential. With a 250 either one will be front of most packs. There’s a few MPH a between them and the weights are different also. The ride will go to the STS hull, while nimble driving goes to the Eyra.
    What is the weight difference? The website lists the same weight.

There will be some weight difference with the Caracal STS weighing more. Listed Weights are never accurate on any bass boat product we’ve seen. For us they are intended to “guarantee” that the consumer received the proper amount of fiberglass, to secure the consumers usability down the road.

Weight is honestly just a gauge and people put way to much stock on inside any brand, and their opinions based on the listed weights. It is a value when comparing brands. The Steering, fuel tanks, pumps, hardware, carpeting, gelcoat, jackplate, bilge/aerator pumps, hoses and trim weights are all equal on all products.

The difference becomes the wire which is minimal impact overall, foam for safety, the amount of fiberglass (resin and glass) and the method of construction. Brand to brand construction and the method is impacting. Inside brands using the same construction methods that is minimized.

We would much rather people pay attention to the quality, type, and brand of products used in construction than weight. We also would like to see more knowledge of the percentage of fiberglass in the products as these items matter greatly on durability.

14. Member
    Bass Cat thank you for the response. I'm on board with you on the quality of the build out. I'm not using weight to determine quality of bulld. More for my own thoughts on package weight and difference in weight same manufacturer and length boat. To me light and strong is the challenge. It's easier to just throw product at it and say it's heavier but it's not stronger since it's heavier in the wrong places. I sweat the details, probably to much and stuff.