Thanks Blue Steel, goodnight
    Night Eddie, hope that helps.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

2. Member
    Blue steel just ordered my trick step

Quote Originally Posted by Faststreak View Post
    Blue steel just ordered my trick step
    Good deal, easy install. Just will need some to hold while you get two of four bolts installed.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

4. Member
    Blue Steel very nice boat by the way. Jaguar is a awesome machine. Love my puma sts. Had about 5 weeks. Due to our intense heat haven’t used but a few times.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WjColdWater View Post
    Never step on your glass again.

Site sponsors as well.
    Looks like that this would not work with a swing away tonque. Am I correct? If so, how heavy is it and could it be easily removed and installed after each trip?

Quote Originally Posted by John__S View Post
    Looks like that this would not work with a swing away tonque. Am I correct? If so, how heavy is it and could it be easily removed and installed after each trip?
    It isn't mounted to the tounge so no issues
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Quote Originally Posted by Faststreak View Post
    Blue Steel very nice boat by the way. Jaguar is a awesome machine. Love my puma sts. Had about 5 weeks. Due to our intense heat haven’t used but a few times.
    Thank you sir. Congratulations on your Puma STS, very fine rig. I was in Branson recently, over 100 degrees. Had to get back to Tennessee to cool off lol.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    It isn't mounted to the tounge so no issues
    I don't see how one could completely swing the tongue out of the way so that it hits the little stop on the frame of the trailer. If it doesn't completely scissor to the stop, it might not work in my application. With the trick step will it completely scissor to the little rubber stop on the trailer frame?

Quote Originally Posted by John__S View Post
    I don't see how one could completely swing the tongue out of the way so that it hits the little stop on the frame of the trailer. If it doesn't completely scissor to the stop, it might not work in my application. With the trick step will it completely scissor to the little rubber stop on the trailer frame?
    It would be at a 90 degree angle.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    It would be at a 90 degree angle.
    As Mike said it will swing 90 deg no problem. They build an incredible product the tig welds are artwork and great customer service as well. And the entire system looks fantastic on your trailer.

11. Member
    I have a 23 Puma STS with a Lowrance 12 & 16 on the bow mounted with a Beatdown Dual mount and can step over them fairly easy with them in the down position. The steps took a little getting used to for me, with the one small step I kinda have to think ahead which foot you’re stepping with even before I mounted my bow units. After getting use to it I don’t even think about it anymore.

But I came out of a 21XRs Bullet with a very narrow front end so the Puma feels like a helipad to me

12. Member
    With Blue steel advice I added the trick step on my Puma STS. I’m over 70 and believe it will let me fish for a good many more years. Love the Puma STS, came out of a cougarftd and again due to my age wanted the wide deck. Great ride awesome boat Eddie

13. Member
    I just received my 2023 Caracal SP. I ordered the Bass Cat front steps and I used them all the time. I use the pole to climb in and out and use it to hold onto when I'm connecting the boat to the trailer. I have size 12 feet and the steps are big enough for my feet.

I was unsure about the steps, but I no longer unsure. They are worth it 100%.

14. Member
    which model number are steps?

15. Member
    My order shows SKU BC2SNEG62.

16. Member
    ...for a Puma STS

As Mike said it will swing 90 deg no problem. They build an incredible product the tig welds are artwork and great customer service as well. And the entire system looks fantastic on your trailer.

WJ ? How is the aluminum trailer?

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    WJ ? How is the aluminum trailer?
    Trailer is solid, tracks perfect and rides excellent with the torsion axles. Boat loads pretty easily once you learn the depth of the bunks. I will do a better post on it soon.

Boat loads pretty easily once you learn the depth of the bunks. I will do a better post on it soon.
    Good to hear and pretty much every trailer has its sweet spot. Ramp angle play the largest variable. I'll be watching for it!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

20. Member
    I had my maiden first launch of the Puma STS and used the Bass Cat two steps and pole and found it easier to get a aboard than the Lynx. I'm no youngster.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast