Thread: Carpet cleaning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carpet cleaning

Finally getting around to cleaning my bass boat carpet. Has anyone used the dawn power wash spray on their carpet? Or is there somthing better j should be using? Thanks in advance!
    "We all have it commin kid....." Will Munny

2. Member
    I’m also going to tackle cleaning my boat carpet after harvest season, everyone seems to like the barbasol method or 50/50 vinegar water mix. I will more than likely try barbasol.

3. Member
    Folex carpet cleaner from Lowes is excellent.. You can also get from Amazon at a fairly good price but be aware of the fake stuff on Amozon.

4. Member
    Simple green... vacuum the carpet well, then soak it with fresh water. I use a pump sprayer with 50/50 simple green and hot water. Spray down the carpet use the concentrated simple green on stubborn spots. Then scrub down with drill brush and rinse with fresh water. I shop vac the standing water and let dry. Looks brand new and smells fresh.

5. Member
    Folex, or a product called Carpet Thrasher. After brushing I extract it with an extracting attachment for my shopvac/waterhose.

6. Member
    Local carpet cleaner quote to clean the boat was about 80 bucks

I vacuum and then use my house steam cleaner. Then spray scotch guard when dry.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

8. Fishing is a Passion
    Spray with a carpet cleaner and then power wash
    2002 Pro Craft 200 Super Pro- 2005 200 Mercury Optimax, Retired
    Empty Nester- Proud Grandfather 5-30-2014-Boy-Aiden, 8-2-2017-Boy-Calen

Resolve carpet cleaner and scrub brush. Not a fan of the shaving cream.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

10. Member
    Rain and a bissell vacuum.

11. Member
    I use 1/4 cup dishwasher powder to 1 gallon hot water. Flood carpet section with hot water, scrub with solution. Rinse well with hose, then vacuum excess water.

12. Member
    I stay away from any type of soapy or sudsy product. No matter how well you rinse, there is a residue that remains. That actually attracts more dirt and causes premature wear. Twelve years ago I learned about the 50/50 vinegar wash, and have been using it since. Carpet comes out like new.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    I stay away from any type of soapy or sudsy product. No matter how well you rinse, there is a residue that remains. That actually attracts more dirt and causes premature wear. Twelve years ago I learned about the 50/50 vinegar wash, and have been using it since. Carpet comes out like new.
    I use dishwasher powder because there are no suds, rinses clean with no residue.

14. Member
    Do not pressure wash. Avoid soaps.
    Lightly wet carpet. Spray 50/50 white vinegar and water mixture all over the carpet and let it sit a few minutes. Then rinse the carpet with a lot of water. I like to rub my hand on the carpet as I rinse. I sue the shop vac in the bottom since dirt gets pushed there when rinsing. Open all the lids and let everything dry out

15. Banned
    I brush carpet first in several directions to loosen dirt, rinse, then vinegar and water, rinse.

16. Member
    I take it to a local car wash and pressure wash with soap then hi pressure rinse. Done in 10 minutes

17. Member
    I use a Little Green Machine with the cleaner that they recommend along with hot water, does the trick

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Resolve carpet cleaner and scrub brush. Not a fan of the shaving cream.
    I tried the shaving cream one time, I’ll never do that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    I use a Little Green Machine with the cleaner that they recommend along with hot water, does the trick

20. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    That's what I do and looks new everytime.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast