Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who bought a Bubba scale?

My rapala high contrast seems to be history.. Looking at the Bubba. Everything else they make is quality and over built.

Anyone have an opinion on the $100 vs $200 dollar model... I don't need any of the fancy features just want to weigh my fish and cull as needed

2. Member
    I have the $100 one. I like it better than my Rapala touchscreen. Accurate and easy to use.
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

3. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    I think the $200 one has rechargeable lithium battery. Biggest problem with my Rapala is the batteries and those springs that hold them corroding.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

I have the $100 Bubba. It is nice but if you are in windy conditions it bounces around a lot and struggles to lock in. When I’ve compared it to the rapala scale the fish weigh the exact same so they both appear to be pretty accurate, or consistent at least.

5. Member
    They're going to be the offical BPT scale next season. They seem really nice.

When my Kast King one finally dies I'll get a Bubba

6. Member
    My Rapala died this year, just picked one up to replace it.

7. Member
    When the xtools scale dies would look at the Bubba for sure
    Red Sox in 6!

How is it in Bright sunlight?

Especially interested in the 100 version
    "The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTTA BIG SACK View Post
    I think the $200 one has rechargeable lithium battery.
    But does it have Bluetooth so I know how many more fish I can weigh then brag about having 88%charge left after a full day of fishing and not catching anything?

10. Member
    I have $200 version. We have done a small friends tourney with them and the updates and stuff are cool. The weights are usually a little light, its not the scales accuracy its the auto lock feature doesnt work very well on the boat with a fish shaking and flopping. Checked it back home against tourney scale and rapala scale and all were within 100th of pound. If your arms are moving up and down at all the scale will change weight also if you are not perfectly vertical the piece that comes out the bottom will hit the side of scale and lower the weight (which you do a lot trying to get better angle of the screen unless you are standing with the scale down around your belly). Definitely a scale that takes some getting used to and needs to be used correctly to get accurate weights. My rapala scale is just as accurate and does what I need and is a lot easier to get accurate readings. We had 6 bubba scales for the tourney and non had the correct weight to what the tourney scale had (and those us that run rapala scale are usually with in a few 100ths of pound) they were anywhere from 1/4 to a full pound off and all were light. I am going to try it with auto lock off and lock the weights myself and see how accurate I can get it to read on the water. If we do this type tourney again I will run both scales Bubba and Rapala to check accuracy and I will cull from the rapala scale results as I fell like its more accurate in real world on the boat with live fish conditions.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    I’ve been using the $200 version and it’s been spot on for us. I didn’t know it had an auto lock function. I have been locking it myself. The big bass have been really close as has the bag weight. Super easy to keep culling organized and fast. I don’t use the Bluetooth at all. That seems like a worthless feature for me. It does have the rechargeable battery but also has a tray with 3 AA’s (I think) that can be swapped out if the rechargeable is dead.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

12. Moderator
    I just ordered another rapala, if it cuts off like the others have it’ll be my last one.
    I’ll spend the money if the bubba is worth it
    Last edited by Z520C; 08-01-2023 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Spelling

I’ve got the $200.00 one. Seems to do what it’s supposed to. Doubt I’ll ever use the app at all.

14. Member
    100 dollar Bubba is pretty nice..
    A couple minor complaints
    It sometimes will lock a weight in while the in hand without fish on it before you can tare it
    I wish you could adjust the limit from 8 fish.. Doesnt seem like a $100 dollar problem, but once you weigh 5,you have to manually search and select your cull. If you accidentally push "add" twice it puts it in the 6th bucket now your jacked up and pretty much have to start over to get it right

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyshot View Post
    100 dollar Bubba is pretty nice..
    A couple minor complaints
    It sometimes will lock a weight in while the in hand without fish on it before you can tare it
    I wish you could adjust the limit from 8 fish.. Doesnt seem like a $100 dollar problem, but once you weigh 5,you have to manually search and select your cull. If you accidentally push "add" twice it puts it in the 6th bucket now your jacked up and pretty much have to start over to get it right
    Don’t think you’ve read the instructions. You can set it for a five fish limit.

16. Member
    I have the $200 version and used it for the first time yesterday. From what I can tell it feels to be well built however only time will tell how durable it will be. I agree with trashmanssd & TeamTuna observations on the Auto Lock feature. It's designed to take an average weight but in the rough water I was in yesterday, the readings were fluctuating by 1/2 pound. I can see this function being handy in calm water but I will have it turned off. The brightness was great, no issues with reading the screen in bright sun with or without the polarized glasses on. One thing I was really impressed with was how quickly it powers on. A simple feature I know, but after going through two of the Rapala scales, there is nothing worse than having to fumble with batteries for the thing to work at all.

17. Member
    https://aob.widen.net/s/wnpgqhjx6c/1...art-fish-scale

Enlighten me...
    The $200 dollar pro scale can be adjusted, the $100 dollar model cannot

18. Member
    Got the $200 one as a birthday gift... it's the best scale I've ever had by a long shot. Makes culling easy as ever, and my kids have tons of fun trying to beat dad in rally mode
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro Xp
    2022 Mercury 225 ProXs 3B171157

Don't forget the Bubba culling system.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Bubb...page-BCIS.html

20. Member
    I gotta have one that weighs up to a 17lb bass

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast