Thread: 250SS weight

250SS weight

Has anyone weighed the new 250 SS? The website says 624 lbs and shows the older motor but older literature says 578 lbs. I know Mercury claims 505 on the Pro XS but that’s not even close to the actual weight. Is Suzuki doing the same thing or is their motor 624 lbs or 578 lbs?
    I know they are all pretty heavy. I just want an actual weight of a complete motor hanging on the transom. I’d even allow a fudge of “without the prop”. But it’s gotta have oil in it and a cowling on it.

2. Member
    I don't know if this is actually true, but there are some who believe that Merc and Yamaha weights do NOT include fluids and cowling, yet Suzuki does as it wants to give a full representation. I've heard those cowlings can be up to 50# or more.

3. Member
    I’ve heard Merc weighs theirs without fluids, cowling or gear case.

4. Member
    I went from a 225 opti to a 250 SS on my procraft 210 and I notice very little difference if any in how it floats.

5. Member
    According to specs 250 proxs weight is 527 Suzuki is 627

6. Member
    Yes but the Merc is not that light. They play with how it’s weighed to get those numbers. I’m looking for an actual, complete motor weight. It can be a dry weight but with all components attached. Mercury won’t give that. Is Suzuki’s actual weight a complete, realistic weight?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by perfect-storm View Post
    Yes but the Merc is not that light. They play with how it’s weighed to get those numbers. I’m looking for an actual, complete motor weight. It can be a dry weight but with all components attached. Mercury won’t give that. Is Suzuki’s actual weight a complete, realistic weight?
    I believe Suzuki's listed weight if fairly accurate. Even though the block size stayed the same and everything on the outside looks similar to the old 250SS, I heard the new cowling alone is probably 10 to 15 lbs heavier than the previous one for the 250SS. If people are worried about weight, then get lithium TM batteries and make up the difference.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankinh20 View Post
    According to specs 250 proxs weight is 527 Suzuki is 627
    I think Randy Corson weighed a 300R with a 20" mid and Speedmaster, full of fluids and ready to run before he mounted it and it was in the 560 - 570 lb range if I recall correctly.
    2020 Checkmate 2400 Pulsare
    2019 Mercury 300R Serial# 1E080852
    1.75 TorqueMaster
    25 Bravo FS / 24 ProMax

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsare2020 View Post
    I think Randy Corson weighed a 300R with a 20" mid and Speedmaster, full of fluids and ready to run before he mounted it and it was in the 560 - 570 lb range if I recall correctly.
    That proves how Mercury is listing their weights then. According to Mercury Racings website, the listed weight of a 300R is 512lbs. I’m sure Suzuki and Honda measure their motors with the cowling and Tupperware on.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.