Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    BBC SPONSOR

Revolution Sonar - Sonar Aiming Systems

After five years of design and fabrication of advanced sonar mounts, and six months of rigorous work in partnership with our exceptional patent attorney (and bbc member!), I am excited to announce the launch of our new company, Revolution Sonar. We have developed a sonar aiming system that is incomparable to any other on the market and will be releasing our first product in the 4th quarter of 2023.

A few key features set our system apart from the rest. Our first version mounts co-axially on the trolling motor shaft, eliminating common issues related to boat covers and clearance with mounted fish finders. Furthermore, concerns regarding secondary shafts flexing or breaking, and the potential for the trolling motor prop to hit the transducer, are now things of the past.

A7400259.jpgA7400133.jpgA7400130.jpg

Each component of our assembly is precision-machined from billet 6061 aluminum, polycarbonate, carbon fiber and Delrin, adhering to stringent tolerances. Our parts are anodized, sealed, and coated to resist even the harshest environments. Not only are they compact and strong, but they are also remarkably lightweight. The entire shaft mount assembly weighs less than 46 oz., a significant reduction compared to competitor assemblies weighing 14 lbs. It's important to highlight that no 3D printed parts are used in our assembly.

In another industry first, we are introducing a rotating foot control, a significant improvement over conventional two-button systems. This innovative control allows for sub-1-degree movements and gives users the freedom to navigate without having to stand fixed on a button. It facilitates ultra-fine control, letting users track a bait with the precision of a hand-controlled mount combined with the convenience of a motorized system.

A7400234.jpgA7400274.jpg

Our foot control also provides unprecedented user functionality. A ring of 60 full-color LEDs gives immediate feedback on the sonar's direction and control over advanced functions, such as compass lock and sweep.
    By integrating with your boat's existing network, we capture heading information for compass locking the transducer and offer another industry-first, compass compensated sweep control. Utilizing your boat's heading sensor simplifies installation and removes the need for calibration of another sensor.

Our mission was to create the most feature-rich, compact, durable, and user-friendly sonar aiming system on the market, and we believe we are soon to accomplish just that. Please join us at www.RevolutionSonar.com and sign up for our mailing list to follow along as we bright these products to market. We have numerous exciting products and features in the pipeline.

We appreciate any feedback and always welcome questions and suggestions!

Sincerely,
    Paul Bird
    Revolution Sonar
    Last edited by Revolution Sonar; 07-27-2023 at 02:28 PM.

2. Member
    I would like to get one when available! Looks like a quality made product!

Truly Revolutionary!!!! Design and build is exceptional with an obvious understanding of needed features.
    Does “Co-axial shaft” mean alongside or over the trolling motor shaft? If it covers the shaft, how do you mount it?

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Does “Co-axial shaft” mean alongside or over the trolling motor shaft? If it covers the shaft, how do you mount it?
    You slide it over the shaft. It is very simple and I can do it now in way less than 10 minutes. I will be posting install videos in the near future but the steps are: Pull the top cover, unscrew power cable terminals, remove top housing, loosen shaft collar, slide shaft/motor out, slide on our assembly, slide shaft back into frame, reverse other ops. There is a great how to video on Garmin's site for installing a transducer. My install will basically be the same but without any of the screw/seal/cable stuff.

The MinnKota models will have the same slide over configuration as shown. The Lowrance Ghost is a two piece clamshell setup that won't require any breakdown but is a much more complex system to fabricate. If there is demand, a secondary pole setup can be easily made and would work just like the others.

Wow !! much cleaner and out of the way than my TL

Wow impressive!

Any chance this will have a remote option?
    "The handicapped angler"

7. Member
    Looks like a lot of R&D went into this, very impressive.

Do you plan on offering one for the Motor guide later?

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Any chance this will have a remote option?
    Once you use the rotary foot control you won't want to use a remote. The ability to make minute adjustments when you want and super fast big adjustments when you want is transformative.

I spent a year working with a wired two button control and never could get happy with it. The wireless remote is the same as the trolling motor remotes in that they have a very on-off jerkiness and move too far when wanting fine movement. Some of my competitors in this space can't move less than 10 degrees with a tap of the button unless they dramatically slow down the motor. Then when you want to go fast, you can't without adjusting speeds.

But if there is enough demand, who knows. Pretty easy to do as the foot control has wireless ethernet and bluetooth already - but don't tell.

9. Member
    Do you have a WAG ( Wild ass guess) on a general starting price ?

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution Sonar View Post
    Once you use the rotary foot control you won't want to use a remote. The ability to make minute adjustments when you want and super fast big adjustments when you want is transformative.

I spent a year working with a wired two button control and never could get happy with it. The wireless remote is the same as the trolling motor remotes in that they have a very on-off jerkiness and move too far when wanting fine movement. Some of my competitors in this space can't move less than 10 degrees with a tap of the button unless they dramatically slow down the motor. Then when you want to go fast, you can't without adjusting speeds.

But if there is enough demand, who knows. Pretty easy to do as the foot control has wireless ethernet and bluetooth already - but don't tell.

Well as fancy as that "FOOT" control is there are people like myself that will never be able to use it

Being a paraplegic confined to a wheelchair it's just a paper weight

I get it I belong to such a small demographic but it doesn’t hurt to ask
    "The handicapped angler"

11. BBC SPONSOR
    Well as fancy as that "FOOT" control is there are people like myself that will never be able to use it

Being a paraplegic confined to a wheelchair it's just a paper weight

I get it I belong to such a small demographic but it doesn’t hurt to ask
    I certainly didn't know and in no way want to come across as unsympathetic to your position. When we get there, I would make you, or any anyone else with a disability, a one off with a wireless remote. Please reach out when we are in production of a unit for your trolling motor or a universal second shaft unit.

Also, I have been playing with other options - voice and visual system - that may be a great option for you in the future. There will be a point in the future that this system will point the sonar in the same direction as your rod. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Revolution Sonar; 07-27-2023 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution Sonar View Post
    I certainly didn't know and in no way want to come across as unsympathetic to your position. When we get there, I would make you, any anyone else with a disability, a one off with a wireless remote. Please reach out when we are in production of a unit for your trolling motor or a universal second shaft unit.

Also, I have been playing with other options - voice and visual system - that may be a great option for you in the future. There will be a point in the future that this system will point the sonar in the same direction as your rod. Stay tuned.
    Holly…..

Now that right there was a very unexpected response and a rare experience

Thank you and I look forward to seeing this in action
    "The handicapped angler"

13. Member
    Nicely done, Looks awesome!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Love the integration with the TM shaft....will be interesting when all details are out there.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

15. Member
    Will you have a model that will work independent of the TM shaft for Terrova/Ulterra type motors? Looks like a great product.

Wow,, you most definitely have my attention,,, few questions

can the two buttons be used to control direction ,, I know you can use the rotating thing but some of us are so very used to the buttons ? not a big deal , just curious

are you going to offer a key fob style remote ?

will you be able to lock it so you can still use your trolling motor to search and if you find something lock it on target and it work independent of the trolling motor ? I ask this because i much prefer to use the trolling motor pedal to search ,, it just feels natural
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 07-28-2023 at 08:41 AM.

17. BBC SPONSOR
    Will you have a model that will work independent of the TM shaft for Terrova/Ulterra type motors?
    I had and used a Motorguide Xi5 for years and the sliding shaft engagement is a REAL pain when it comes to transducers. Adding forward facing sonar makes it worse. Trying to independently steer it is even worse yet. I have no plans for building around them at this point. This is mainly because I have yet to come up with a great design that would package well.

18. BBC SPONSOR
    can the two buttons be used to control direction ,, I know you can use the rotating thing but some of us are so very used to the buttons ? not a big deal , just curious
    No on the buttons controlling the direction. Moving to the rotating foot control from two buttons is like moving from using arrow keys on your keyboard to a mouse. Once you try this, you will never want to use two buttons.

are you going to offer a key fob style remote ?
    Not in the plans at this time but if there is enough demand then maybe. The hardware is ready but the use case will be very limited.

will you be able to lock it so you can still use your trolling motor to search and if you find something lock it on target and it work independent of the trolling motor ? I ask this because i much prefer to use the trolling motor pedal to search ,, it just feels natural
    I had hoped that I could strip the trolling motor heading information off of the NMEA network. Unfortunately it does not look like it gets outputted by the trolling motor - at least to date I haven't been able to find it on the Garmin. If it was on NMEA, then it would be easy and "tolling motor mirror" would be one of my primary modes.

I have physical models using a separate sensor on the main trolling motor shaft and a separate pickup on in my motor housing to get this positional feedback. It just doesn't package well, adds a lot of complexity, and a hall sensor struggles with super fine movement feedback.

Paul Bird
    Revolution Sonar
    Last edited by Revolution Sonar; 07-28-2023 at 10:43 AM.

19. Member
    Very nice. As long as you price it crazy high, you will see a ton of them.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MichAngler View Post
    Holly…..

Now that right there was a very unexpected response and a rare experience

Thank you and I look forward to seeing this in action
    That’s an awesome company
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast