Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Oppenheimer movie

Just saw it; highly recommended for anyone interested in his history and the bomb.

2. Member
    Be going Tuesday, $5 movie day

3. Member
    Went today as well...good flick

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Plan on seeing it myself....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Al doesn’t like weapons of mass destruction!
    "Before the beginning of great brilliance, you must have chaos."

I'm planning on seeing it this week.

My 22 year old son said it's a very good movie. 3 hours for a movie is a little long for me.

8. Member
    I know he was very sympathetic to communism.

9. Member
    My boys went to see it last night. Both said it was "epic."

As some have said, I'll wait until it comes to a streaming service. 3 hrs in a movie theatre is a level of embarrassment I'm not comfortable with. I can't make it through the local news without drifting into RIM sleep.

-b-

10. Member
    I would have cut out the first hour and the last hour. Very long and I was hoping for more technical part on building the bomb not really on the political and emotional part of him.
    Brett Treece. Caledonia MS
    2010 Skeeter ZX225. HPDI 225

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    I know he was very sympathetic to communism.
    According to the movie he never joined, and according to history his creation saved the lives of about 1,000,000 US troops. Yes, one million. Regardless of his political beliefs, I am thankful his creation prevented my grandpa from having to invade Japan

Hated it. Couldn't understand a word (theater speakers loud but muffled), 12 second scenes jumping all over the place, non linear time sequence. Felt like I sat through a 3 hour trailer. Not nearly enough on the physics/chemistry of bomb development, way too much political/ social overtones

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
    Hated it. Couldn't understand a word (theater speakers loud but muffled), 12 second scenes jumping all over the place, non linear time sequence. Felt like I sat through a 3 hour trailer. Not nearly enough on the physics/chemistry of bomb development, way too much political/ social overtones
    I would think it was not a DO IT YOUR SELF type movie !

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
    My wife walked out with 30 minutes to go. Completely stressed out from 3 hours of flashing lights, scenes flashing from the past to his future every 15 seconds, music so loud it sounded like the building was falling down, lol. A typical Hollywood Blur, lol. It must have been amazing to have worked on that massive project. Yes, it was a very good movie.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NAMVET1968 View Post
    I would think it was not a DO IT YOUR SELF type movie !

This is probably the post i make that gets me banned 'forEVER' but i'd be remiss... with that being typed...

I'm stuck completely here.. Bonanza mentions 'non linear time sequence' and then mentions physics?? Doesn't quantum entanglement/theory show us that what 'we' (collective but not like a 'commie') are nowhere near anything of 'fact' as it relates to time?

Quantum studies are showing science, at the fundamental level, that our concept of time as thought of as a linear passage of events is totally wide of the mark, and in fact there is no mark. All points of reference are arbitrary, they are conveniences, they are non existent in fundamental reality.

Events don't happen in a set order. There isn't a single universal “now”, in the sense that Newtonian physics would have it. It is true that many events in the Universe can be put into sequential order – but time is not always segmented neatly into the past, the present and the future.

Stay Hydrated...

16. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

17. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Who controls John Gill?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    This is probably the post i make that gets me banned 'forEVER' but i'd be remiss... with that being typed...

I'm stuck completely here.. Bonanza mentions 'non linear time sequence' and then mentions physics?? Doesn't quantum entanglement/theory show us that what 'we' (collective but not like a 'commie') are nowhere near anything of 'fact' as it relates to time?

Quantum studies are showing science, at the fundamental level, that our concept of time as thought of as a linear passage of events is totally wide of the mark, and in fact there is no mark. All points of reference are arbitrary, they are conveniences, they are non existent in fundamental reality.

Events don't happen in a set order. There isn't a single universal “now”, in the sense that Newtonian physics would have it. It is true that many events in the Universe can be put into sequential order – but time is not always segmented neatly into the past, the present and the future.

Stay Hydrated...
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

Stay Hydrated...
    So does that mean by younger age is not necessarily in my past? My middle age might be now and my current age may have been years ago, but not necessarily now? My birthday's coming up so I'm hoping it isn't my 5th because I don't need a tricycle at my age, or whatever it's called.

That’s a thread all it’s own Lew!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast