Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassdeer View Post
    Thanks for the info, as far as golf are the courses only for the residents of HSV or open to the public? Still have two years till retirement but if we found something great may just buy it.
    The courses are open to the public (sort of) and of course you pay a higher green fee. There are options for getting lower amenity fees as well. You can buy a cheap lot and you become a property owner, you can buy another property owner's rights and I believe there is also some kind of membership you can purchase. You can also find a resident and play as a guest for a lower fee. I also see people posting there are stupid rules and such. Of course there are always stupid rules when you live in a POA/HOA but what ever "stupid" rule there might be the benefits out way those. Sorry, I'm not trying to sound like a salesman or real estate agent just trying to provide options. There are plenty of nightly rentals in the Village and I believe the POA has some stay and play packages as well that you can use to visit and see what there is to offer. Good luck in your search!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    The courses are open to the public (sort of) and of course you pay a higher green fee. There are options for getting lower amenity fees as well. You can buy a cheap lot and you become a property owner, you can buy another property owner's rights and I believe there is also some kind of membership you can purchase. You can also find a resident and play as a guest for a lower fee. I also see people posting there are stupid rules and such. Of course there are always stupid rules when you live in a POA/HOA but what ever "stupid" rule there might be the benefits out way those. Sorry, I'm not trying to sound like a salesman or real estate agent just trying to provide options. There are plenty of nightly rentals in the Village and I believe the POA has some stay and play packages as well that you can use to visit and see what there is to offer. Good luck in your search!
    Thanks for the info, open to everything.

I do have to say not a fan of personal property tax.

4. Member
    I get more than pissed every year with this.....I own 5 vehicles, 2 campers, 2 boats.....I help fund Saline county.

I hate personal property taxes, but they are going to get the money from you some way or another.

We have another home in another state. They do not have personal property taxes, but they get the money with real estate taxes. They would choke you and are over twice the real estate taxes in Arkansas.

In Arkansas, when you or your wife reach 65, the real estate taxes are frozen. That is a nice benefit considering the increases in real estate property value we have seen. Mine is the same as it was when I turned 65. If you are retired or retiring, this is a nice benefit.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    I hate personal property taxes, but they are going to get the money from you some way or another.

We have another home in another state. They do not have personal property taxes, but they get the money with real estate taxes. They would choke you and are over twice the real estate taxes in Arkansas.

In Arkansas, when you or your wife reach 65, the real estate taxes are frozen. That is a nice benefit considering the increases in real estate property value we have seen. Mine is the same as it was when I turned 65. If you are retired or retiring, this is a nice benefit.
    Good to know, when we move wife will be 67 and I will be 65.

Also plan on going over to Prairie Creek Marina and check that out. Any good lunch places around there?
    Last edited by Bassdeer; 08-04-2023 at 07:21 AM.

7. Member
    There's a couple of good burger joints headed to Prairie Creek, Suzy Q drive in, and Sam's Old Fashioned hamburgers. There is also a restaurant at the marina called The Captains Seat. I haven't been there yet but heard it's preety good. Hook, Line, and Sinker tackle store is right between Suzy Q and Sam's burgers. Stop in and visit if you get a chance.
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    There's a couple of good burger joints headed to Prairie Creek, Suzy Q drive in, and Sam's Old Fashioned hamburgers. There is also a restaurant at the marina called The Captains Seat. I haven't been there yet but heard it's preety good. Hook, Line, and Sinker tackle store is right between Suzy Q and Sam's burgers. Stop in and visit if you get a chance.
    Thanks

9. Member
    At least you only get taxed on what you own and as the value of the property decreases so does the tax. Even with this tax and income tax Arkansas is still a cheap place to live. You get a lifetime fishing/hunting license for cheap, your real estate taxes freeze at 65, no fees for state parks, no toll roads everywhere, if you buy a used vehicle no sales tax and many other benefits. I lived in Texas most of my life and you couldn't pay me to move back there.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

At least you only get taxed on what you own and as the value of the property decreases so does the tax. Even with this tax and income tax Arkansas is still a cheap place to live. You get a lifetime fishing/hunting license for cheap, your real estate taxes freeze at 65, no fees for state parks, no toll roads everywhere, if you buy a used vehicle no sales tax and many other benefits. I lived in Texas most of my life and you couldn't pay me to move back there.
    Works for me, have a lifetime hunting license in Kansas, best $400 I ever spent.

11. Member
    Works for me, have a lifetime hunting license in Kansas, best $400 I ever spent.
    In Arkansas a lifetime license for fishing/hunting over 65 is $35.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

In Arkansas a lifetime license for fishing/hunting over 65 is $35.
    Wow that awesome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12