How easy is it to convert from hot foot back to hand control throttle?

I've been having lots of foot injuries and sometimes its really hard for me to use the hot foot. Is it hard to convert back to hand throttle? I bought the boat used and it came with the hot foot already. Do I need to change out the cables for shorter ones or could I just use the same ones from the hot foot?
    Last edited by kercha83; 07-12-2023 at 05:52 PM.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

2. Member
    ever thought about switching sides ex: foot you will miss the safety of the hotfoot whatever your choice is good luck and yes it can be converted by unhooking the throttle cable and simply placing it back on the control housing ex: shifter which might be difficult to access depending on your mechanical abilities. i would say if your not comfortable with it have a shop do it and keep on fishing.

Look in the boat. If the foot was added sometime ls they leave the hand throttle cable installed and just tied up in the back someplace
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

I bought 2 boats that had hotfoots and due to my circumstances I can’t use them

So I would offer a trade they do the work and they can keep the hotfoot as payment

Dealer took the deal both times and it didn’t take 45 minutes for them to get the work done
    "The handicapped angler"