Thread: God's ways

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

God's ways

I have been told several times, God's ways are higher than our ways. We are incapable of understanding the ways of God. Will god punish people for not understanding?

2. Member
    Since you have a peculiar way of distorting meaning and conversations, What do you propose as 'people for not understanding'?

Perhaps you may have not notice, but God is very longsuffering and kindhearted to the many transgressions mankind has made against God and against others, since we are still existence, and He has given us the manual to guide us with in the Scriptures. I know that you do not believe in any of it, so clarify your question with scriptural references whenever possible. Thank you

Rexico,

God loves you and I hope your involvement in this forum brings you to the Truth.

God does not expect us to understand what He understands, but He knows for certain we can understand simple things like He is the creator of the universe, we have sinned and fall short of His glory, and we need Jesus as our Lord and Savior to cover our sins and mend our relationship. Pretty simple things for all to understand.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Since you have a peculiar way of distorting meaning and conversations, What do you propose as 'people for not understanding'?

Perhaps you may have not notice, but God is very longsuffering and kindhearted to the many transgressions mankind has made against God and against others, since we are still existence, and He has given us the manual to guide us with in the Scriptures. I know that you do not believe in any of it, so clarify your question with scriptural references whenever possible. Thank you
    Was that the answer for " Will god punish people for not understanding"?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rexico View Post
    Was that the answer for " Will god punish people for not understanding"?
    Obviously you can clearly see that it was not the answer, but a question addressed to you.

Here it is again "Since you have a peculiar way of distorting meaning and conversations, What do you propose as 'people for not understanding"?

6. Member
    I have been told several times, God's ways are higher than our ways. We are incapable of understanding the ways of God. Will god punish people for not understanding?
    Rex…we all deserve Gods wrath. We have all fallen short of Gods Glory…however, He sent His Son to take on all our sins and die on the cross for us so that we may be sparred His Wrath on the day of judgement. Christ was raised from the dead and now sits at the right hand of God in all power and righteousness.

Rexico,

You must also hold to the context of God’s saying, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts”. (Isaiah 55:8-9) The context is that God is mighty and we are not - we are not what we think we are. In the book of Job when Job was questioning God, God said “where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth” putting Job in his place. No where in those verses is God saying if you do not know everything I know, you will still be accounted for all of it and not be saved. Again, God gives us very clear instructions on what we are accountable for and that is whether or not we admit we are sinful and seek the salvation provided by Jesus Christ on the cross. Jesus paid the price of our sin. Our responsibility is to either accept that free gift of grace, or go to the grave holding onto the guilt of our sins.

8. Member
    "And all the firstborn in the land of Egypt shall die, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sits upon his throne, even unto the firstborn of the maidservant that is behind the mill; and all the firstborn of beasts."

One may look at this as a wrong done by God against the Egyptians, yet, even at this time God gave everyone the option to choose God's ways or pharoh's ways, for those that sprinkled the blood on their lintel and door post were spared. These are the same choices we have to make today as we choose to follow God's ways, even if they may not be popular, or the foolishness of the world.

As for I and my house, I will serve the Lord God of heaven and earth. Amen and Amen

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by digthemup View Post
    Obviously you can clearly see that it was not the answer, but a question addressed to you.

Here it is again "Since you have a peculiar way of distorting meaning and conversations, What do you propose as 'people for not understanding"?
    My question to you is a yes, or no answer, "Will God punish people for not understanding" As your question to me,"What do you propose as "people for not understanding"? I don't have a clue what you are asking. Could you explain?

10. Member
    My question to you is a yes, or no answer, "Will God punish people for not understanding" As your question to me,"What do you propose as "people for not understanding"? I don't have a clue what you are asking. Could you explain?
    Read your original and perhaps you will understand why it is not a yes and no question, since the ending of your sentence is tied to what you are asking in middle sentence.

11. Member
    We are incapable of understanding the ways of God.

This sentence was posed by the OP in the original post, and even if we would be challenged to understand what God may be asking of us in any portion of Scripture, God has repeated in a different section of Scripture, therefore, it is to our benefit to be diligent and make time to read daily, since God is speaking to our hearts daily in many different ways.

May the Word guide your life and mine in accomplishing God's will daily. Amen

Rexico,

I agree with Digthemup. The question you posed is not a yes or no question as it was attached to a section of a verse that has nothing to do with being punished for not understanding what God can understand.

13. Member
    James 4:17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

Romans 1:
    18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who [d]suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19because what may be known of God is [e]manifest [f]in them, for God has shown it to them. 20For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and [g]Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
    2012 Ranger Z521 2023 Mercury 250 Pro XS

14. Member
    Very timely post totally appropriate for this thread.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

15. Member
    That's what I love about brethren Mike, he always posts the appropriate needed scripture for a blessed reply.

16. Member
    Mike ( mram ) and Mike ( Chisco ) are both solid. Kind of like the old E F Hutton commercial on tv. When they talk, I listen.

Both have been and are an inspiration to me.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

17. Banned
    Several of my questions over time have been answered by "Gods ways are not our ways", when talking about baby slaughter, animal burning, or taking virgins. If you gave that answer, please explain.
    Last edited by rexico; 07-20-2023 at 06:28 PM.

None of the horrible things you list are caused by God. Sinful, evil man does those things because he does not follow the will of God. I can only assume the reply of, "God's ways are not our ways", is likely being given as an answer to the question of why isn't God preventing these things from happening.

19. Member
    Several of my questions over time have been answered by "Gods ways are not our ways", when talking about baby slaughter, animal burning, or taking virgins. If you gave that answer, please explain.
    Most of your questions are a regurgitated version of the same "baby slaughter, animal burning, or taking virgins", which seem to have some kind of personal issue that you do not want to share with the forum.
    Trying to blame God is not going to solve your personal problems or bad life experiences, however, by the power of God and by His mercy, you may find the hope and support that may help you.

Do you notice me trying to blame God in any way for my cancer?? Yet, I can attest that by His might and mercy, I am making the best of every day and every treatment, regardless of harsh chemo may be.

Rexico,

I cannot help but think we can dig a lot deeper into things to get you some answers, or at least pointed towards some. What truly is it that you want to ask or know? What is keeping you from embracing Christ as your savior?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast