Thread: Youtube TV

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    We switched to it about a month ago, so far we like it, it has everything we always watched except bally sports. being able to put the stuff you watch in order on the guide is awesome, unlimited dvr is also great,, we basically have 2 tv's we watch a lot, she can have her own profile and set her account up how she wants it (channel order, dvr etc.) the cost is about 1/2 of what we were paying for cable.. i also switched to tmobile internet at the same time and all said and done we are saving $193 a month on tv/internet combo.. so far it all works flawless.
    How you like tmobile internet ? We have windstream (pretty much only option till now) and it sucks most of the time .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    what is t-mobile airport?
    It is wireless internet through cell towers. It works well, and I only $50 a month.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    How you like tmobile internet ? We have windstream (pretty much only option till now) and it sucks most of the time .
    If you can get the t-mobile internet do it. In our area we pull 2-3 bars of single and still rarely have glitching. We can run 2 tv's streaming, 2 chrome books, a iPhone playing music and me be on my iPhone all on the t-mobile net, and rarely see a glitch, best thing is, it is not interrupted by bad storms like satellite systems.

4. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    so far it's been perfect,, haven't seen a buffer at all yet, we always have at least 2 and sometimes 3 tv's going, 2 laptops, 2 wireless printers, the security camera system, 2 ring doorbells and the google nest. If you have the best tmobile phone plan you get it for $30 a month, no fees, taxes etc. and they won't raise the rate.. if you have a lower plan you get it for 40 and if you want internet only it's 50. We cut our cable/internet bill from $306 a month to $113 using tmobile and youtube tv. we had optimum for both before.

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

5. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub_176 View Post
    It is wireless internet through cell towers. It works well, and I only $50 a month.
    ok so t-mobile internet,,, haven't heard it called airport before..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

6. Member
    I don't think I'd want tv without youtube tv.

We made the switch from cable to YouTube TV a few months ago. Even with the increase, it’s been way cheaper than cable, and I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything significant.

8. Member
    I have had it for 2 years. We have a plan where 4 people can access it so both my kids are on the subscription so they do not need to pay a cable bill. I really like it also because I can bring it wherever I go. When I head up to the mountains where we have internet I can watch TV without another cable bill.

9. Scraps
    For me it’s got the best selection of channels. But sheza pricey. You can trial any channel for a week.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

10. Member
    I'll stick with my $200 plus a month cable internet and land line phone bill combo. But I do like you tube.

11. Member
    We have it ---Its fine except some of our channels sound has to be turned way up to hear. Wish had MLB network still , but couldnt get teams i want anyway . They were always blacked out .
    You have that issue with the sounds also? I just figured it was my tv.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Syko View Post
    Cost has doubled since we signed up a few months ago. Not a fan since shows are a pain to search for and I'm tired of paying someone to feed me their ads. I've came across a number of other systems with similar service that are free to stream. I'll be done with it the end of the month.
    Care to let me know what other systems you are looking at? Feel free to PM me if you want.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

13. Member
    Cut the cable at both houses a few months back and we are on Youtube TV. So far, so good.

Find a good IPTV service for less an 20 bucks and get everything you would ever need

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    You have that issue with the sounds also? I just figured it was my tv.
    Yes ---we had sling and have Fryndly too. No issues with sound on either of those, just Youtubetv. I also glad to hear i not only one. Everytime i try and ask around i hear its your TV . Nope its not . I can watch stuff on Fryndly at about 12--15 volume setting. Some channels on Youtube have to turn up to 35---40 . ID channel one of the worse .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

16. Member
    I dropped DirecTV and went to this about two years ago. My sub has not doubled in that time at all, but it has gone up something like $15-20 in that time. Still better than DirecTV's continued price increases. I have streaming through Xfinity's internet, with 100mbps service, and have no issues streaming anything, in general. But, I did end up hooking both our TV's with ethernet cable through our Firesticks, because we were getting some video lag, and only on YouTube.

17. Banned
    YouTube is known for censorship. They are owned by Google. That's all I need to know. Keep supporting those that want to destroy our country.

I’ve had Directv for 20 years, mainly because of NFL Sunday ticket, just found out it won’t be available this year. It has switched to YouTube tv exclusively, looks like YouTube tv in the near future for me.

19. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by albro1960 View Post
    YouTube is known for censorship. They are owned by Google. That's all I need to know. Keep supporting those that want to destroy our country.

20. Member
    how does changing channels work? I like to flip a lot, and I am wondering how easy it is to do it.

Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast