Thread: Shadow Systems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar

Shadow Systems

Thinking of getting a new toy for my bride (and one for me). My question, do you like it and is it worth the money?

Thanks

2. Member
    Are you talking about those glock knock offs?

3. Member
    Very nice, smooth shooting pistol! And sexy looking at that! But pricey! Thinkin about gettin a second one. I’m not a Glock fan (and I thought that’s what it’d be like, I can’t hit squat with a Glock) but this gun only looks similar to a Glock but shoots way better in my opinion. I wanna say u won’t be disappointed, but everyone’s opinion is different. It’s my favorite pistol that I own. Hell, just buy it cause it’s so damn sexy looking.

4. Member
    I haven't touch one, so don't personally know about them. But have watched plenty of YouTube videos of them. I like the looks of them.
    But I am a Smith & Wesson fan boy!

5. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    Thanks for the comments. I'm going to look at, hold, and maybe shoot a CR920 P on Saturday. We both have S&W and Sigs, and we shoot for fun every weekend.
    Again, thanks.

My son has two. They look and feel like a Glock BUT shoots way better than the best Glock out there. Go try one on for size.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I read a lot of reviews on semi-autos and make judgement on them as a whole. The Shadow System comes in as a fine gun at the price for sure but so does the Glock and it has proven for 40 years. I'm not saying buy a Glock instead. The comfort of the grip is very important for accuracy. I've been looking for a range gun and one of the most comfortable grips out there is the Walther PDP. It's like putting on a glove.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Midway has the "Elite" version on sale for $799. If you're going to get a red dot, you might want to consider getting the optics cut version. 13 round mag is a nice option for a small concealed carry pistol. Never shot one myself.

9. Member
    I have two mr920 and a xr920 great pistols. Based off the Glock yes but all done up. The trigger is my only complaint it’s mushy. But great pistol and awesome customer service.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    My son has two. They look and feel like a Glock BUT shoots way better than the best Glock out there. Go try one on for size.
    Just curious, when you say shoots way better, are you refereeing to reliability, accuracy, feel?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzB8 View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I'm going to look at, hold, and maybe shoot a CR920 P on Saturday. We both have S&W and Sigs, and we shoot for fun every weekend.
    Again, thanks.
    That's great you 2 shoot often together!

12. Member
    The Springfield Hellcat is another option................really like mine.

13. Member
    Look into Zev technologies. For a glock replacement but top tier, Zev is the best way to go. I have had similiar upper end glock like guns that use glock mag and all that. The zev is the deal. Zev 0z9 to be exact. Shadow systems is a tricked out glock but doesnt mean its a better quality glock. The Zev is everything and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjxds View Post
    Just curious, when you say shoots way better, are you refereeing to reliability, accuracy, feel?
    All of the above. I shoot them more accurately. The recoil seems smoother and less violent overall too even though the pistol is not any heavier. One of my son’s has the compensator and it is even better. The trigger is better too.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

15. NC Bass Club/Yamaha Motors Moderator BuzzB8's Avatar
    Wow, those Zev's sure look nice. I'll see if the store has any.

Fit and feel means a lot to us. We purchased a Walther for my wife in .380 because she loved the grip. We'll see how the Shadow feels when we get to the store. The biggest factor for my wife is if she can rack the slide, at 67, she doesn't have the strength she used to have.

16. Member
    If hand strength is an issue those S&W "E""Z" models are really nice if that is a constraint.

Latest Guns & Ammo magazine has a write up on the new FN "Reflex" micro compact 9 MM. One inch width but has a 15 round magazine. Instead of being striker fired it has an internal hammer which is cocked when the slide goes back so that you get that crisp SA trigger pull. At least that's what they claim. Retails for $599.

18. Member
    Friend let me shoot a shadow a few weeks ago. I was impressed, and I hate glocks

19. Member
    I have the CR920, so far it's a range gun only, too many FTF's for me to carry, still putting rounds down range, hope it breaks it someday, really like everything else.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    If hand strength is an issue those S&W "E""Z" models are really nice if that is a constraint.
    I had a EZ. First pistol I got in 2020, because the salesman saw my messed up right hand. Talked me into it, Even though I went for the original Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield. Was really easy to manipulate.
    But if his wife got the .380 Walther like my ex girlfriend did, it was also easy to manipulate. But not breakdown for cleaning.
    But her's always had a issue with the last cartridge from the magazine loading into the chamber all the time. I never searched to see if it was a common feed issue for others. We just kept going out going through it, till we spit.
    Hear Smith & Wesson Equalizer is the same way as the EZ, for easy use.
    FN just came out with a 1" thick internal hammer fired 9mm concealed carry pistol named Reflex, I believe it was. I wonder if since it is hammer fired, if manipulating it would be as easy as the Smith & Wesson EZ or Equalizer. Haven't touch one, so wouldn't know.
    I did see a video on the Reflex. And did look like you have to let the trigger go way back out after each shot though. May be a deal breaker for some. But that's not from any hands on experience. I haven't touched one.
    Last edited by 250bassFL; 07-17-2023 at 12:27 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast