Circut breaker for my Ulterra

I need to replace my circut breaker that protects my Ulterra, do you recommend getting the auto reset type or Manual reset?

Any particular brand to look for or avoid?

2. Member
    Manual! The automatic can cause confusion when troubleshooting( it will show up as an intermittent power problem) and with age they seem to trip more easily without reason. Get a 60 amp breaker that is built for the job. Bussman makes almost all the marine type breakers. Minn Kota sells one but get one with the same features by Bussman. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Manual! The automatic can cause confusion when troubleshooting( it will show up as an intermittent power problem) and with age they seem to trip more easily without reason. Get a 60 amp breaker that is built for the job. Bussman makes almost all the marine type breakers. Minn Kota sells one but get one with the same features by Bussman. JMO Bob

A circuit breaker in the stern near the battery is so your boat does not burn up, not to protect the trolling motor

Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    A circuit breaker in the stern near the battery is so your boat does not burn up, not to protect the trolling motor
    It does protect the motor by turning the circuit off when charging the batteries, very important to do so to prevent damage to the control boards,
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Member
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    The Blue Seas 187 series is very popular as it combines protection and switching so that you can disconnect while charging also. It is available in both surface and panel mount.

187-Series_Circuit_Breaker_-_Surface_Mount_60A
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

8. Member
    Great information guys, thank you