Fishing gas docks

Always been told it was illegal to fish within a certain distance of gas docks. Anyone know where this rule can be found? Documentation? Oklahoma specifically. No one is arguing it, just curious where to find it

2. Member
    The only time I've ever seen this is in the rules of tournaments. I always wondered why?
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

3. Bob G's pool boy
    Quote Originally Posted by WI-Bassin View Post
    The only time I've ever seen this is in the rules of tournaments. I always wondered why?
    So as not to be in the way of someone wanting to get gas. Some tournaments go further and specify commercial docks, to include things like restaurants and pumpouts.
    Last edited by billspence; 07-10-2023 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Bob G is the king of Marble Island

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

4. Member
    I was told once very nicely by the owner, that the gas lines ran on top of the bottom and was asked not to fish near the. because of that, no clue if it’s true or not, but they were so nice that I was respectful of their request.

5. Member
    It should not have to be a rule IMO. It is pretty clear to me that you should give businesses like that a wide berth.

6. Member
    I’ve only ever heard that a furl dock is always a no wake zone..

I have a fuel dock I’ve fished around many times…. The rip rap bank behind it always produces a 3 or 4 pounder during the spawn..

7. Member
    It's illegal on Corp of Engineers lakes, I believe.

If it's illegal, and I have no idea what the laws and regulations are, why not mark an area around the gas docks with buoys? Seems like a simple idea that would let everyone know that fishing is off limits in that particular area, instead of someone being totally ignorant as to whether it's ok to fish that area or not..
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    It should not have to be a rule IMO. It is pretty clear to me that you should give businesses like that a wide berth.
    Myself, I would call that common sense.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlewis10 View Post
    If it's illegal, and I have no idea what the laws and regulations are, why not mark an area around the gas docks with buoys? Seems like a simple idea that would let everyone know that fishing is off limits in that particular area, instead of someone being totally ignorant as to whether it's ok to fish that area or not..
    All the novice pleasure boaters with more money than brains would get the bouy ropes in their props....

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Screamin_Reel View Post
    It's illegal on Corp of Engineers lakes, I believe.
    I've heard this too but I can't find it listed anywhere. Our club has a 75 ft rule but I can't find any other laws against it

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    All the novice pleasure boaters with more money than brains would get the bouy ropes in their props....
    just the pleasure boaters eh??

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"