mercury motor sleeve

Can anyone recommend a way to repair a ripped rigging hose sleeve or recommend a cover for one. Mine just ripped about three inches from the motor and I have it rigged up with black plastic and electrical tape so no water leaks in.
    Thanks!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    Can anyone recommend a way to repair a ripped rigging hose sleeve or recommend a cover for one. Mine just ripped about three inches from the motor and I have it rigged up with black plastic and electrical tape so no water leaks in.
    Thanks!
    There is 2 things you can do, first cut the bad section off and screw the existing tube into the motor, this is the first thing I did and it worked for 2 years. The other thing I did was just cut the whole rigging tube off and used the TH-Marine rigging sleave. Best thing I did was just cutting the rigging tube off. When doing this you need to leave probably 6 inches of the tube at each end for the sleave to zip tie too. Do your self a favor and just get the sleeve I wish I had done it for the get go, set it and forget it.

3. Member
    T&H zippered sleeve and be done with it. Hate the stupid shop vac hose