Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ethernet problems with units that originally came with the .37 software

Guys.

Like i have said , the NEP2 solved the issues and my system is working 100%

The good news is that there is a lowrance bulletin out and they give you that needed nep2 etc for free!

The bulletin number is : TB 170737

Get in contact with your unit supplier and get them to sort it out for you guys!

Have a nice day guys!!!

Frikster

2. Member
    That's all well and good. However we bought new units that did not work correctly from the factory. That solution IMHO is not very fair. Lowrance needs to be replacing these units, not giving out a band aid work around!

3. Member
    Free expansion from 4 to 9 ethernet ports sure sounds like a win.
    IMHO

And from a networking standpoint, I'd prefer to hop thru a NEP than thru another HDS unit.
    Last edited by LittleGazoo; 07-11-2023 at 09:40 AM.

4. Member
    That sounds like a fair solution as well

Is this the reason why my At1 freezes after updating? I'm running it thru a .37 ver live 9 I bought the same time I got the At1 this past April. I'd hate to put in another module into my tiny boat.

6. Member
    Has anyone seen the TB 170737 ?

I will believe this when I read it and what the requirements are to get, Even though I already have installed one as the direction the market is going is Ethernet and higher speeds for new Tech coming. I have mine right inline with my 3D box.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanhick View Post
    Is this the reason why my At1 freezes after updating? I'm running it thru a .37 ver live 9 I bought the same time I got the At1 this past April. I'd hate to put in another module into my tiny boat.
    AT1 freezing is caused by the latest AT update ie v23. You can downgrade back to v22 which works fine while Lowrance sorts out the issue. MFU software is not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleGazoo View Post
    Free expansion from 4 to 9 ethernet ports sure sounds like a win.
    IMHO

And from a networking standpoint, I'd prefer to hop thru a NEP than thru another HDS unit.
    No kidding, I'd welcome a free NEP-2 for sure lol... I don't think a Pro qualifies though :(.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frikster View Post
    Guys.

Like i have said , the NEP2 solved the issues and my system is working 100%

The good news is that there is a lowrance bulletin out and they give you that needed nep2 etc for free!

The bulletin number is : TB 170737

Get in contact with your unit supplier and get them to sort it out for you guys!

Have a nice day guys!!!

Frikster
    I Googled the TB, this thread is the only thing that comes up.

If we indeed are able to get a free NEP-2, should all of the units be connected directly to it? I have 4 Lives and AT1 so I would use all 5 ports. If so I might have to buy a cable or 2, as I think I have 2 short ones now.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    AT1 freezing is caused by the latest AT update ie v23. You can downgrade back to v22 which works fine while Lowrance sorts out the issue. MFU software is not the issue.
    I did do that and it still froze but only one time. I spent 2k on this crap and expect it to work as it should.

11. Member
    I have 2 units ( live 12’s) from first unit the network cable going into the nep2, then from the nep2 to the 2nd unit!
    I have asked lowrance to send me the technical bulletin so i can post it here!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frikster View Post
    I have 2 units ( live 12’s) from first unit the network cable going into the nep2, then from the nep2 to the 2nd unit!
    I have asked lowrance to send me the technical bulletin so i can post it here!
    Do you have the procedure to get the NEP2 from Lowrance? I assume you have to verify that you have a Live that has or had the .37 software.

I have to question a $300.00 box being free, and also doubt their ability to supply them.

13. Member
    This TB is a complete procedure to get to the final result of it all working. Your best option is to find a Lowrance Dealer and give them the TB number and have them take you through the process. You can also go through it with Customer Service that may take longer, I can tell you that the first item to do is if you have mulitple units make sure there is at least one Non 37 unit between each of the 37 units. In other words 2 direcly connected of the 37 units causes the problem. If you can put any other device on the ethernet between them that has fixed many issues but not all. This is something most can do without help then when you get to someone or CS you can tell them you tested that already. This TB is an internal doc so it will most likely not be public which is why you need to work with a dealer to get this done. Stop complaining and go after it this will do it by going through the process. This is strictly for the networking issue has nothing to do with the AT1 issue a patch for that is coming. Don't ask when, I don't know.
    Last edited by Basshopper; 07-13-2023 at 06:05 PM.

14. Member
    Just got off the phone with Lowrance Customer Service, the tech could not find the bulletin. Call was answered quickly though.

15. Member
    Got a reply from lowrance, saying that it is a internal bulletin and that they can not share it with me, so i suggest you call and maybe speak to a supervisor or someone as it does exist and they need to help you!

16. Member
    The bulletin appears to exist. I emailed the rep that i have been working with on this issue and she called me and asked what length Ethernet cables i wanted with my NEP2 she was sending me.

Tracking shows it should be here Friday. Our temps are in triple digits so I’m not sure when I’ll get it installed. My garage might as well be an oven.
    2018 Phoenix 819 / 2018 Mercury 200 Pro XS

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Basshopper View Post
    … In other words 2 direcly connected of the 37 units causes the problem. If you can put any other device on the ethernet between them that has fixed many issues but not all…
    i have a Carbon to a .37 live and have had Ethernet connectivity issues since the day i installed the Live. My active target works flawless with the Live. It’s weird. Tried several new cables. Did all the updates. Hard and soft resets.

I’m hoping the nep2 fixes the issues but I’m not holding my breathe.

18. Member
    Im sure you gonna be sorted brother!!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECASTAWAY View Post
    The bulletin appears to exist. I emailed the rep that i have been working with on this issue and she called me and asked what length Ethernet cables i wanted with my NEP2 she was sending me.

Tracking shows it should be here Friday. Our temps are in triple digits so I’m not sure when I’ll get it installed. My garage might as well be an oven.
    What is the process and what did you tell them to get this done? I have 2 boats with this issue that I need to get corrected.
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    What is the process and what did you tell them to get this done? I have 2 boats with this issue that I need to get corrected.
    I emailed the rep that i have been working with and said i had been made aware of TB 170737 that from my understanding recommended installing a NEP2 to correct the .37 networking issues. She called me a couple days later and asked what length Ethernet cables i wanted with the NEP2.

I did receive the nep2 yesterday. The cables should be here Tuesday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast