Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I think it would be rational for me to sell my boat at 71. It is an emotional attachment that makes me want to hang on to it. I have a friend and brother in law I can go fishing with every time. I have had a Bass boat of one kind or another since I was 25. Selling would also be another admission of my growing old. And darn it I still like to get out there by myself and my dog sometimes.

Wow, you dudes are depressing as hell.

3. Member
    I understand you might want to sell because of a lowered interest or whatever but..... There is nothing worse than wanting to go out fishing and not being able to because you don't have a boat. Keep the boat.

4. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I understand you might want to sell because of a lowered interest or whatever but..... There is nothing worse than wanting to go out fishing and not being able to because you don't have a boat. Keep the boat.
    you don't need a boat to fish.........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I sold mine a year ago. I just wasn't using it and needed a more versatile aluminum boat instead of the glass bass boat. I know I made the correct choice, my new boat did alot of duck hunting this past year, but I sure do miss my bass boat. There's just something about bass boat.
    Thanos was the hero

6. Member
    Sold mine last year and downsized. Really happy with my decision. Paid $500 and put another $500 in it and profited almost 9 grand.

I do miss going 70 mph though. ��
    2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Just to throw this out there… we went through a few years of little use because of the kids schedules and all. But now that has changed. I thought about selling, but I could never get what we have for what we paid for it again.

8. Member
    I've been thinking about this myself as I only had the boat out once last year and none this year. I agree with a lot of the things mentioned in this thread as to why I have lost interest in bass fishing. I guess I'm hanging on to it in the event that I eventually regain interest, but that's probably wishful thinking.

9. Member
    Prices are still way overinflated. Sell before they start dropping.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Here here. ^ Once in a while we need to remind ourselves that we can’t take it with us, and when I can’t take the boat out anymore, I’ll keep it around just to look at. My wife and family won’t need those few extra dollars [that they would get from selling now instead of selling later], and we need as many reasons to get up in the morning as we can preserve. My buddies and I are in our 70s and have no thought of quitting so long as we can climb [or be helped] into a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Wow, you dudes are depressing as hell.

YEA! WTF! I'm 72 and I moved to Maine last year and in that time I've used my boat more times than I did in the 7 yrs I spent in the Worcester Mass area.
    Maybe you guys need a change of scenery.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

Pleasure boat market is still hot. Just sold our bowrider for more than i paid for it 6 years ago. Nice stuff will always sell well!

13. Member
    i have a 95 javelin 389T with a 175 fastrike,, its in really good condition for its age.

14. Member
    If I were you I'd take it out one afternoon here pretty soon. I bet you change your mind once you're out there. Make time to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12