Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Top 5 collectable and desirable high end casting reels?

What are the top 5 casting reels of all time? Reels that are super light, super smooth, are incredible to fish. Reels that have been engineered with the best materials available. Reels that are super comfortable to palm and a pleasure to cast?

2. Member
    The white Shimano Chronarch
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bpicinc View Post
    The white Shimano Chronarch
    Hmm, I did not they made a White Chronarch, I will have will have to go research that.

4. Member
    Allen, are you looking for LP or RR baitcasters?

BTW, the pearl white Chronarch was the 100A RH/101A LH.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kacordy View Post
    Hmm, I did not they made a White Chronarch, I will have will have to go research that.
    I have one that came on a Shimano Cumara rod that I bought from a friend on mine several years ago that was going only Crappie fishing.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

6. Member
    Chronarch 50 mg

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
    Allen, are you looking for LP or RR baitcasters?

BTW, the pearl white Chronarch was the 100A RH/101A LH.
    Hello Van, I’m not looking for anything right now. I’m just curious about the high end reels that bass anglers really like.

8. Member
    Shimano: OG Conquest 50, Z-Pride Metanium,
    Daiwa: Millionaire I'ZE Light 103 (I'd also include the monoblocks, but the I'ZE Light is among the lightest), essentially all Megabass iterations of the Steez IS, Alphas, and TD-ITO. Also the KTF versions.

Just a few, on the "lighter" end of the spectrum.

9. Member
    Thank you for the list. Most I’ve never heard of.

One current production model is on that list for me. The US Steez CT 70 SV TW is without a doubt one of the finest bait cast reels I've ever fished. It is incredibly capable on the lighter end of the spectrum right out of the box, but is still built solidly enough for many moving bait and bottom contact presentations. I have one on a Steez Racing Design Hustler Technical Tune and it is my go to 1/2 oz Keitech casting jig rod with Daiwa J-Fluoro Samurai.

While not the lightest, the Megabass Monoblock family of reels are among the most sought after by collectors, a few specific models in particular.
    The Megabass IS Limited series are collectible, light weight, fine reels indeed.
    The I'ze Factory Personal Order TD-Z's are a particular favorite of mine. There were 9 colors produced by special order only back in 2004. Some colors are much more rare than others, but the entire series all together, less than 1000 were made.

11. Member
    100d, 50e and 200e are white
    "No man stands taller than one who stoops to help a child"

12. Member
    chronarch 100d7
    "No man stands taller than one who stoops to help a child"

13. Member
    IMO 13 Fishing reel are generally "meh" at best but the Concept KP was probably one of the best reels I ever owned and close to the lightest (5 oz) They only made them for 1 or 2 years.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    One current production model is on that list for me. The US Steez CT 70 SV TW is without a doubt one of the finest bait cast reels I've ever fished. It is incredibly capable on the lighter end of the spectrum right out of the box, but is still built solidly enough for many moving bait and bottom contact presentations. I have one on a Steez Racing Design Hustler Technical Tune and it is my go to 1/2 oz Keitech casting jig rod with Daiwa J-Fluoro Samurai.

While not the lightest, the Megabass Monoblock family of reels are among the most sought after by collectors, a few specific models in particular.
    The Megabass IS Limited series are collectible, light weight, fine reels indeed.
    The I'ze Factory Personal Order TD-Z's are a particular favorite of mine. There were 9 colors produced by special order only back in 2004. Some colors are much more rare than others, but the entire series all together, less than 1000 were made.
    Hello Gary, thank you for sharing your knowledge. I would have to agree on the CT’s. I have a couple of the Steez CT SV TW’s. They are incredible reels. I also like my Steez Air TW. Thank you for the FC suggestion. Allen

Core 50MG
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

Hello Gary, thank you for sharing your knowledge. I would have to agree on the CT’s. I have a couple of the Steez CT SV TW’s. They are incredible reels. I also like my Steez Air TW. Thank you for the FC suggestion. Allen
    You're welcome Allen. I'm glad you have had the opportunity to experience the Steez CT! I had the Steez AIR and loved the 28mm spool, but preferred the Steez CT ergonomics and durability. I have some custom 30mm to 28mm precision aluminum spacers so I was able to get the Steez AIR spool in a Steez CT frame resulting in a BFS machine!

I'm a huge fan of Monoblocks, I'ZE Factory Personal Order TD-Z models, and Megabass IS Limited models. There are a lot of collectible reels out there, but this group really hold a soft spot for me!

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reelex View Post
    Core 50MG
    Agreed

18. Member
    You are very welcome...

And if you have the druthers for a Conquest 50, try and locate an SS Edition.

If you go down the "OG Collectibles" road for Daiwa and Shimano, make sure your back can hold up to a 500lb Tackle Junkie Gorilla.

19. Member
    Since Gary noted the spectacular Personal Order TDZ's, also have to add the very rare TDZ AOI as well...along with the TDZ Type R+.

20. Member
    If money were no object the Steez Ct would be my reel
    Red Sox in 6!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast