Bad weather during combat?

I haven't looked at the stats,but I think during most crucial times of war there has been some very serious weather issues. I remember my dad describing the weather in Africa,Sicily, and Bastogne. It was interesting to me as ten year old kid,but seven years later what my dad had said, suddenly hit me while the Monsoons of Southeast Asia came in with a loud clap of Lightning and Thunder that would end up pouring down nonstop for five weeks.
    There probably are statics going way back in time.
    Any of you think about this?
    I was in plenty of jungles and aside from those, Camp Pendleton was very hot and miserable,given certain situations and time constraints, it was hard to focus on our missions.

2. Member
    YES

3. Member
    This nation's founders considered it divine intervention... If it had not been for some very significant and unexpected weather phenomenon, we probably would not have this republic.

4. Member
    TheTrue,but unfortunate at times.

5. Member
    Nothing beats pouring rain and dust blowing in your face !!!!!!

It's also why we spend so much money to be able to fight and win at night. Our NVG and thermal systems are top notch. You know darkness will set in every evening and that can make it just as difficult for the enemy to operate as bad weather.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

7. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Every time it rains I think of Nam.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

8. Member
    I remember how hot gtmo was....would be in the high 80's low 90's at night. Would go back and forth from there, to turkey to afghanistan for missions. We demobilized in the winter in New Jersey...I got mono a week later and was on antibiotics for 3 months...almost had my tonsils removed...and I got warts! Lots of guys got TB so I considered myself lucky. What was weird was my high school buddy died while I was away...from mono. Crazy world we live in.
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    ITs the thunder !

10. Member
    I endured a typhoon in 70 while in the jungles of Nam..wind was pure hell with the intense rains. We had to rope each other to move to high ground to keep from being in all the flooding of high water. CAP 2-1-5, 2nd CAG, 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.

11. Member
    We got hammered with some bad dust storms in Kuwait while training up to go North and had a few bad storms while in Iraq...You basically had to dig in close and try to maintain accountability...
    The rain and cold around Baghdad kind of caught me off guard..Wasnt really expecting that..
    And of course the 130 degree heat on some days..but that was strange. Some days didn't realize how hot it was until I touched something metal with bare hands..
    There were good days though as far as weather...Sitting on some high ground early in the morning with the wind blowing just right or the cool desert night wasnt all bad..Every Star looked like a lazer pointer.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by bassnman81 View Post
    MCPO

I never backlash, but each time I go fishing I practice fixing them, just in case I ever do really backlash.