2022 Eyra/250 Pro XS 4S - Prop Question

Running a '22 Eyra with Mercury 250, and a 24P Fury 3. In AZ the summer heat definitely hits hard but main issue I have noticed is that I slowed down once added a second graph and Mega 360. I have a new 23P Fury 3 that tried once or twice and didn't really like it. Debating a 4-blade again, anyone switch to combat the extra nose weight added? Prior to the graph and 360 add, boat ran 78-79 with the Fury 3 24P, after it felt like plowed a little more and 74-76 about topped out. Boat runs 5900 or so rpms maxed out even in the summer heat and runs better when full tanks or added livewell weight but lose some holeshot. Definitely just a setup issue, motor is a beast.
    2018 BassCat Eyra - 250Pro XS

Don’t really have an answer but have the same questions. Same setup. Have a 24 Fury but have not been able to get to max RPMs although speed is as you say. Wondering if a 23 pitch or a larger prop such as a Tempest would be any help.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Doesn't seem as if too many people have changed the setups or tried fine tuning them. I have the 23p Fury and the rpms were about the same, 100-200 more, but speed was slower. That extra weight up front just has changed the boat more than I expected. Think going to be order a Bravo I here in next few days

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CKEyra View Post
    Doesn't seem as if too many people have changed the setups or tried fine tuning them. I have the 23p Fury and the rpms were about the same, 100-200 more, but speed was slower. That extra weight up front just has changed the boat more than I expected. Think going to be order a Bravo I here in next few days
    i would wait for BCB to post their advice or call marks propellors for help or ronnie gilbert! props too much to be trying and not working out (but usually easy to resale for almost new)
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Options I’d suggest.
    If you have a hydraulic jackplate try adjusting your settings as with the added weight up front will affect how it runs just a tad. Not necessarily a loss in speed but you just need to adjust to gain it back.
    I’ve ran a 24p on my eyras with 2 graphs on the front with no issues and a 25p in the winter.
    a popular option is a 25bravo1 xs, you will not see the speed but the lift and handling will be better.

I had the same boat with a garmin tm and poles, 4-31agm batteries and a bobs plate and it was very weight sensitive. In warm weather with a full fuel tank, co angler, or full live well it plowed like you said, didnt lift and poor hole shot. I more or less learned I needed to run half fuel and not completely full live wells when ever possible. I ended up selling my 3 blade props and had a pair of 26p bravo's that definitely helped the boat out and in the winter still ran 77+ mph. If you dont have lithium's you may want to look into getting some of the weight out of the boat with that option and a tuned bravo.

Above a 25p bravo was recommended I can personally tell you that it wont run much over 70 and will turn too many RPM's. Thankfully Jaco's swapped it out for me.

Also if you do run a bravo plug all the holes, if you have more than 2 open it wont even get on plane without your co angler sitting on the bow. I regretfully popped one out on the 2nd day of a tournament hoping it would help our hole shot lol.
    Last edited by Louie; 07-20-2023 at 11:27 AM.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

7. Member
    Thanks for the info, almost bought a 25 Bravo I XS. I switched to my 23P Fury and will run tomorrow but this 120 degree heat in AZ is killing performance. Holeshot with hydraulic plate was ok raising it up and down as took off but maxed rpms were around 5800 and little over 75mph with livewells almost full and over half tanks. I can just tell this boat hates the nose weight. Never had the issue before the graphs or on my other Eyra. Anyone run a 27 Fury on the new setup, I know it is just the 26 with cup added from what I remember.

8. Member
    I have a Fury 25 if you wanna try it.

9. Member
    Sorry I meant a 27 Bravo XS. I did run the 23p Fury on the Eyra this weekend. It was 89 degree water temps and 88-111 outside temps. The boat got up to 5900 and change on the rpms but only managed low 70s. Still felt nose heavy. Holeshot was pretty solid and all around drove fine. Just missing that speed from when had the 2-stroke

I think it's the heat, I lost speed last week with my Cougar 203 when it was 109!