Thread: 26 Trophy Plus

Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar

26 Trophy Plus

I'm currently running a stock 26p Trophy Plus. I'm seeing top speeds at 67 and change at 5900 rpm with full tanks and two people. I'm thinking of having Croxton blueprint and repitch to a 27. Worth the cash or would I be better off investing in a different prop?
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

2. Member
    Not sure going to a 27 on a 2.5 200 EFI would be the ticket or not. Perhaps working the 26 with B & B and some more cup and top end would be the better ask to Mark. I am running a 200 opti on 2001 Outlaw and a 25 Trophy around 75 ish. BB with some of Croxton’s Gambler magic should get you up into the 70’s.
    Gambler Outlaw 1900 SC
    Mercury Optimax 200 3.0 liter Torquemaster
    Mercury Trophy 25P
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    Garmin 106sv Ultra & 93sv UHD

3. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    You may be right about that. I wish I had a way to run a 27 just to see. But I think I'm going to email Mark and get the 26 worked over and see what that gets me.
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

4. Member
    Worked 25 tempest + will get you more speed than a trophy +. Just more effort to drive. Give Mark your numbers he can make the proper prop suggestion. If you want to stay with a 4 blade his razor 4 may be the way to go
    Mike Clemons-Lake Butler, Fla..
    97 Gambler Intimidater / 200 EFI Merc

FYI I run a 24” 4 blade fury 72 mph at 5900 RPM. Also gets out of the hole super quick
    '00 Gambler Outlaw / \'02 200 EFI

6. Arkansas Fishing Moderator cmclairday2's Avatar
    Do you have trim tabs, and do you need them with that prop?
    '02 Gambler Outlaw
    '02 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5L

No tabs. Boat is a 2000.
    '00 Gambler Outlaw / \'02 200 EFI

8. Member
    I have the exact opposite problem, I am running a stock 27 Trophy on a 98' 209 and I believe it is just a bit steep, hard to get out of the hole if at all with plugs in, and playing with the plug sizes fixes the rpm issue but, then there is too much slip, even tries to blow out during the hole shot sometimes. I plan to downsize the plugs incrementally, and see if I can fix it but, I have been wanting to try a 26 Trophy, Yupitsme has been running one on the same boat with great success.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serocketman View Post
    I have the exact opposite problem, I am running a stock 27 Trophy on a 98' 209 and I believe it is just a bit steep, hard to get out of the hole if at all with plugs in, and playing with the plug sizes fixes the rpm issue but, then there is too much slip, even tries to blow out during the hole shot sometimes. I plan to downsize the plugs incrementally, and see if I can fix it but, I have been wanting to try a 26 Trophy, Yupitsme has been running one on the same boat with great success.
    The conversation here is about an Outlaw hull. An Outlaw hull does not a 209 make. As we discussed in an earlier conversation - get your p-2-p right then start trying to dial in the 27p Trophy plugs. As you raise the engine the need for oversize plugs diminishes. Get the p-2-p +/- 2" then start dialing in the prop. After you get the prop dialed in raise the engine another 1/4" and see what happens. Dial the prop in with a full tank of gas and full livewells. Get it to launch under those conditions and you'll never have hole shot problems again.

As an aside... I had cupping added to the 27p Trophy. How much? Only Matt knows for sure.