Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrog Phil View Post
    Well… Private road no trespassing or vehicle may be towed
    Man, it sucks losing another one! I've hauled a kayak into there, down a short tote road off Rush road. Even that has it's challenges (launch, paddle, climb out and drag some more). Glad you cut your losses and got a few.

2. Member
    Eric,saw F&G come out of that little path/lane a few years ago. The sad thing was the ramp looked unused. Online I noticed one of the houses very near the boat ramp is for sale for a cool $487,000.
    Red Sox in 6!

There was a tournament on Webster 2 weeks ago. Don't know if it was team or individual.(Southern NH Bass) 15 boats 3 fish limit. Nobody had limit at weigh in. Been very tough lately.
    2012 Ranger Z119 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    Had some replacements and new gear to test, and just a couple of hours - so off to the river again Saturday.

20231013_190134 (1).jpg

First of all, that Bill Lewis ATV squarebill is the real deal. I'm pretty sure you could cast it in your garden rosebushes and get it back. Could only get one smaller guy on it, in wood. I think that pattern may be dead for the year. Maybe it's the low flow, and the fish are off somewhere else (or they're just getting tired of my sh*t)??

Dragged a 3# LM out of heavy cover in the main stem, then went into the oxbox to hassle the crappie some more. Livescope + that little Owner jerkbait are a deadly combo. Sniped a couple LM on it in open water. Picked up several more out of snags, on the Wooly Craw (including another 3#). Made the run down to Manchester Street for just one bite - the biggest of the day, a 3#-3oz smallmouth on a KVD Flatside. Overall, about 8 or 9 bass for a 13#-14# limit.

Went for a changeup Sunday and got to Island Pond around 2:30. Water's down a foot-ish, no problems launching (more on that later). Tried to feed them a crankbait on main lake rock points and outcroppings - zero. Picked up a spinnerbait, moved in, and started getting bit just outside the remaining grass. That turned out to be the right choice, as they were blasting it. Saw a large school of big bait (GS?) moving on the shallow flat just outside the narrows, and the bass were on 'em. Caught 6 in 10 minutes out of 2'-5' including this #4.82.
    20231015_153453.jpg

Hit some adjacent structure that matched and got one good one. Doubled back to the flat - the bait was still there and I picked up another 2 (hoping for another big). Same pattern was working inside the narrows, but not beyond. Headed back out to the main to fish some good rocks with grass for nothing. They matched the pattern, except being farther from the 15' basin. Got out while the pine tops still had a little sun on them. Probably a 20 fish afternoon - had a couple 3#s in there and plenty of 2#+ so a darn good outing.

How do you know you're an old fart in training? You pull a new Stanley spinnerbait out of the box, and it's got a flat rubber skirt on it! That... and not beaching your boat far enough, and having to wade out to retrieve it

Water temp took a huge dive here ..60s last week was 54 yesterday

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassboat1 View Post
    That turned out to be the right choice, as they were blasting it. Saw a large school of big bait (GS?) moving on the shallow flat just outside the narrows, and the bass were on 'em. Caught 6 in 10 minutes out of 2'-5' including this #4.82.
    20231015_153453.jpg
    3 of my top five big fish this year came from over there. All after dark.

7. Member
    Well last weekend i fished Pawtuckaway both days. Saturday was awesome. Sunday was slower due to wind. Decided this past Saturday to go back. Guess I should have gone to another lake if I wanted to catch bass. Luckily the jumbo crappie were biting so that made the day okay. Our 3 bass we caught, their combined weight weighed less than my buddies 2.28 slob donkey of a crappie.

On a side note here is a close size comparison between island pond average crappie vs what we were catching at Pawtuckaway. Wonder if alewives have anything to do with that????

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by A Wood View Post
    3 of my top five big fish this year came from over there. All after dark.
    No bites off the red marker boulder nearby. Lack of grass, I guess?

Been out 6 times in the last 2 weeks, Tacoma, Torsay, Togus and the stream. The pike Dennis caught in Torsay Tuesday is his personal best so far. Catching a lot of bass in the 2 lb range at the other places. Yesterday I was at a spot on Togus where I and Phil caught 15 - 18 bass in the 2-3 lb range in an hour and a half. It's been a good two weeks up here.

IMG_1487.JPGIMG_1494.JPG
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

10. Member
    Rode the struggle bus at Massasecum Saturday - had the place to myself, so that excuse won't fly. Finished the afternoon with nine rods out, three bites, and one fish landed. Dumped a decent smallmouth boatside, on a Silver Buddy. Hooked a decent one with the first cast w/ a Carolina rig, and landed a 2+ on the same a few minutes later. All bites were in 18'-22', on flats near 40'. Plenty of bait hammered to the bottom in 20'-25' (probably juvi perch?). Some bait balls - grown fry most likely. I did not see a gamefish on sonar off the bottom at any time. Maybe I messed up by not fishing the pads behind the island?.. or up top... had I gotten any shallow bites, I would have. Temp was 55.

The wind forecast had me concerned, so back to the river for Sunday. Got a couple of bites around matted grass inside the bar, that the rising water had washed up - could have been slimedarts though. Got a couple off wood in the oxbox flipping, but the right answer was a spinnerbait. The rain washed the stagnant water out of the backwaters, and the cool rising river shoved them back there. Finished out with close to a dozen, including a couple of 3#ers. Lots of crappie on screen, but they weren't playing. Finished the afternoon on a pair of pickerel @ 24" and 25"- gators! Temp was 53.

Took a high sticking penalty Sunday. Two minutes in the box and a $160 fine
    19234.jpeg

Rode the struggle bus at Massasecum Saturday - had the place to myself, so that excuse won't fly. Finished the afternoon with nine rods out, three bites, and one fish landed. Dumped a decent smallmouth boatside, on a Silver Buddy. Hooked a decent one with the first cast w/ a Carolina rig, and landed a 2+ on the same a few minutes later. All bites were in 18'-22', on flats near 40'. Plenty of bait hammered to the bottom in 20'-25' (probably juvi perch?). Some bait balls - grown fry most likely. I did not see a gamefish on sonar off the bottom at any time. Maybe I messed up by not fishing the pads behind the island?.. or up top... had I gotten any shallow bites, I would have. Temp was 55.

The wind forecast had me concerned, so back to the river for Sunday. Got a couple of bites around matted grass inside the bar, that the rising water had washed up - could have been slimedarts though. Got a couple off wood in the oxbox flipping, but the right answer was a spinnerbait. The rain washed the stagnant water out of the backwaters, and the cool rising river shoved them back there. Finished out with close to a dozen, including a couple of 3#ers. Lots of crappie on screen, but they weren't playing. Finished the afternoon on a pair of pickerel @ 24" and 25"- gators! Temp was 53.

Took a high sticking penalty Sunday. Two minutes in the box and a $160 fine
    19234.jpeg
    very entertaining article, sorry about the rod.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

12. Member
    Went out with a friend in his boat yesterday since I still don't have mine, and was also concerned about the wind, didn't want to fight it all day without spot lock. Ended up at a new pond none of us have been to in northern Vermont, landed 20+ between the three of us and had a little over 18 lbs on our best 5, no giants though. Average was great, throw out the two rats I caught and we were averaging close to 2.75 lbs on our fish. Pretty good results given we'd never been there before. The fish were in a mood though, had well over 100 fish follow our baits in that didn't eat them. Any idiot that says FFS is cheating is just that, an idiot. We had 5x the number of fish caught, not bite a damn thing, and we threw the kitchen sink at them for 9 hours. Most were suspended, and despite finding fish in almost every nook and cranny we searched, only two spots produced fish that would actually bite. Steep rocky point and every bite was in 15-25 feet of water, with the deeper 40+ foot hole on the outside edge. Most of the bass were close to schools of smelt, we watched dozens of schools in other spots that had 1-2 bass blowing them up, but only got one bass out of that scenario.

Highlight of the day was on by-catches. Dropped one of the biggest yellow perch I've ever seen right at the boat, that would have been cool to get. Then later, we trolled right over the top of a tree so I just casually dropped a jig down on it, and got thumped by a 1.5 lb rainbow trout. Not at all what I expected but a cool surprise for sure.

Alabama rigs (Vermont legal, 2 real hooks and 3 dummies) and Open Water Sniper jig from Beast Coast Fishing did all of the damage for us. Water temps up there still 58 degrees, lake is about 300 acres and a lot of that is 30-50 feet deep.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Northern Bass View Post
    northern Vermont, landed 20+ between the three of us .
    VT been treating you pretty good

14. Member
    VT been treating you pretty good
    Outside of that trip, it definitely has been treating us very well. Was hoping to spend a lot more time up in Maine this year, only made it up to Little Sebago and the blew my motor before I could get back up there, so I'll do my exploring out there next year. I'll spend the rest of the year fishing in NY, VT or CT and hopefully get a new PB smallie, that's all I care to try and get this winter. Though I think we're going to Oneida this weekend, just as long as the wind cooperates. Good chance at some big largies there.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel Northern Bass View Post
    Outside of that trip, it definitely has been treating us very well. Was hoping to spend a lot more time up in Maine this year, only made it up to Little Sebago and the blew my motor before I could get back up there, so I'll do my exploring out there next year. I'll spend the rest of the year fishing in NY, VT or CT and hopefully get a new PB smallie, that's all I care to try and get this winter. Though I think we're going to Oneida this weekend, just as long as the wind cooperates. Good chance at some big largies there.
    Sean,

You need to get up in my area next year.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Sean,

You need to get up in my area next year.
    That was the plan for this year, but it will definitely be in the mix for next year!

17. Member
    Gentlemen, I noticed that walmart is selling original zman chatterbait. Too my knowledge zman doesn't sell Tungsten or any non-lead chatterbait. Soooo are they now legal in NH with lead? What about Megabass "okashira", same question are they ok?

18. Member
    Okishera heads are awesome but lead but also awesome. Lead still off limits but once those Loon stocks rebound who knows
    Red Sox in 6!

19. Member
    "Current state law prohibits the use of lead sinkers and jigs with a total weight of one ounce or less in all fresh water in New Hampshire, including lakes, ponds, rivers and streams. Lead sinkers and lead jigs shall not include lead fishing related items including but not limited to lead core line, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, spoons, poppers, plugs, or flies.
    The law also prohibits the sale in New Hampshire of lead sinkers and jigs weighing 1 ounce or less."

https://www.wildlife.nh.gov/fishing-...0and%20streams.

Chatterbaits appear to be OK

20. Member
    "Current state law prohibits the use of lead sinkers and jigs with a total weight of one ounce or less in all fresh water in New Hampshire, including lakes, ponds, rivers and streams. Lead sinkers and lead jigs shall not include lead fishing related items including but not limited to lead core line, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, spoons, poppers, plugs, or flies.
    The law also prohibits the sale in New Hampshire of lead sinkers and jigs weighing 1 ounce or less."

https://www.wildlife.nh.gov/fishing-...0and%20streams.

Chatterbaits appear to be OK

Thankyou: I was misreading this, shall not include lead fishing related items including but not limited to lead core line, spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, spoons, poppers, plugs, or flies.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast