Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Seastar steering seals at outboard were seeping for 8 years. Started actually dripping this year. Just replaced them.

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    You going for a train horn?
    My dad put an air horn on his expedition, he had to wire a separate fuse breaker due to compressor running and draining his battery. That thing will wake you up and you know when he is coming. He loves the damn thing.

3. Member
    I moved to the lake 3 years ago this month. At my home in Booneville I had to install hinge plates on my power poles to be able to get my boat into my boat shed. Low ceiling and door. I have been meaning to remove the plates since I have been up here because I have 12 x 10 doors here. Not an emergency but I wanted to get a possible weak point off of the brackets and jack plate. I did this last week! Only 3 years behind schedule! Not bad for my average.

4. Member
    I bought my present Ranger in 2021. Its a 2000 R71. It needs new bench seats. 3 or 4 storage locker lid shock pistons. Bench is on long list and pistons short list. Passenger side wheel rear of trailer was in damaged condition when I bought the boat. It needs to be removed and reconditioned with epoxy and fiberglass. Right now its held in place with multiple bungy cords. Thats a winter project at some point in time.

The fixable problem I have been guilty of not fixing is the fuel pump which failed spring of 2022. I have an OEM rebuild kit and a replacement OEM carb without the oil mix I bought as soon as it failed. Once I figure how to remove the carb and then label the hose its not that big a job. I meant to get to it late winter \early spring this past year but had health issues. I dont want to totally disable the engine during the season so I currently use the bulb to operate the fuel. We have small lakes that our club fishes so I get by. The way I fish I dont use but 5 or 6 gallons of gas a season.

GF leaves Wednesday with her grandkids so I may pull the boat up into the shade and tackle it after work in between honey do chores since next weeks tournament is not on my favorites list.
    Last edited by mattmann7; 07-03-2023 at 09:58 AM.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post
    Any links to these horns ?
    Here's what I got and got 3 sets of them. Mounted 1 pair on my side x side and the other set on my skid loader and yes they are loud. Still haven't figured how I could mount them on my Ranger other than under the deck up in the nose. They are loud enough I may put them there anyway. They are unavailable under the same name but I would bet they are around under a different listing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

6. Member
    Leaking trim seals. Been about a year now. I just keep adding fluid. Already bought the tool to get the caps off. It's not a hard job at all, I just keep putting it off.

7. Member
    New power pulled to console to add fuse panel for graphs there and up front. My boat, tin rig, doesn’t have a recirculating/pump out pump. Not looking forward to pulling the gas tank to accomplish that one either.

8. Member
    I try to do everything A.S.A.P. ..................................AFTER SEPTEMBER APRIL PROBABLY !

9. retired military technici mt72916's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAMVET1968 View Post
    I try to do everything A.S.A.P. ..................................AFTER SEPTEMBER APRIL PROBABLY !
    I can relate to that.

Ranger 2002 175 DVS F115 Yamaha
    Ulterra SI, Helix 9 MSI G3 on bow and console
    2007 2500 6.7 Diesel Ram 2015 Crusader 294RLT
    fish DeGray lake in April & October

Was the trolling motor and plug, but got those replaced.

Really like the battery tender plug.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Leaking trim seals. Been about a year now. I just keep adding fluid. Already bought the tool to get the caps off. It's not a hard job at all, I just keep putting it off.
    Just replaced trim seals last week. Messy, otherwise went well.

12. Member
    I've had lights for the compartments in a drawer for a couple of years. Also need to find a wider wiring hood for the bow.

13. Member
    SOON AS I GET A ROUND TUIT !!!

14. Member
    A small hole in my 2 boys bathroom wall. They're 42 and 38 now. When they were young the older was going to give the younger one a swirly, the young ilone grasping anything he could grab. The tp on the wall, broke it off and out. The tussle stopped immediately as they knew dad wouldn't be happy. I left a reminder, to this day they remember. I may repair it soon or not.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wwc3 View Post
    SOON AS I GET A ROUND TUIT !!!
    They're available on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/FOTAP-Round-T...yABEgI5ZPD_BwE

16. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    Anything in need of repair or attention on my boat gets taken care of in short order. Resealed trim cylinder and replaced trim pump last fall when it began to bleed down. Resealed steering cylinder this spring after a leak and lousy steering reared its head. The only thing(s) outstanding right now is I've been meaning to replace the factory sheath on the TM cabling with an aftermarket sleeve for a couple of years now, and I need to replace the winch strap that I busted last week. The new strap is on the shop bench just waiting on me

Did something today that I’ve put off for about 5 years. Replaced my old burn barrel that was rotted out. Grapple got it and dumped it in gigantic trash dumpster that is being used for our build. Replaced it with another barrel so I’m happy. Now, a million other things left on the list of my procrastinations.
    Dallas Cowboys…..Eventual Super Bowl Champions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12