2019 819 livewell drain fitting replacement

The livewell drain elbow fitting broke off. Jason at Phoenix sent me a kit of the upgraded version now being used. Straight fittings instead of elbows, new hoses and better plugs. Sent 2 of everything to do both livewell drain fittings. No charge! Jason and Tim are 1st rate customer service! 2nd time they came through, and fast!
    My question, is there a trick to removing old drain elbow that is broken and how to replace the other not broken with hose on it?
    Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Member
    When I did mine, I wiggled the hose until I broke the one off that was still good. I then used a shower valve socket to get the nuts off. There’s not much room but you can just grab the socket by hand and apply all the force you need. If I remember right the fittings broke into when I was trying to get the nut off. Cut a slit in the hose at the back and it comes off pretty easily. On the new fittings and hoses I used 3M 4200. Be careful tightening the nuts on the new fittings, its pretty easy to over tighten them. Overall it’s not to bad of a job just a little tight back there. Also be careful moving the other hoses around so you don’t break something else. The shower valve wrenches are available at most any hardware store.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

3. Member
    Thank you for the info, the shower valve wrench is key!

4. Member
    I removed the nut on fitting, not sure how to get the fitting out. Was going to try to tap it loose, afraid of cracking livewell. How did you get yours out? Tried turning it inside livewell, it doesn't want to let go.
    Thanks for you help, for sure!

5. Member
    Last edited by HuntingAngler; 06-29-2023 at 03:51 PM.

6. Member
    Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. I don’t remember what I did to get the part inside the live well loose. Just take your time and be careful.
    2019 Phoenix 919 Pro XP - Mercury 225 Pro XS V8

7. Member
    I finally got, very carefully wiggled around and it broke loose.
    Thank for your help!!!
    Tight lines!