Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Genesis Maps has been down for more than a month now. Has anyone heard anything from the company?

2. Member
    Crickets. I was able to reset my password and log into the mobile app finally this week but social maps/genesis continues to be down.

3. Member
    Since Genesis Maps has been down, I've been recording sonar logs on my Lowrance units with the Genesis Live feature. I also run a Gen 3 Helix 10 Chirp Mega+ SI with a Zero Lines card in it for sonar logs. I prefer the Genesis Maps option, so I hope they get it fixed soon.

4. Member
    The website now had an actual message saying they are having technical difficulties so maybe sometime soon.

5. Member
    Two months later and Genesis Maps is still down.

6. Member
    yeah, at this point with having lost most of the summer, they better give all the paying customers a free year, not just a 3 month extension.

7. Member
    It’s partially back!
    2020 G3 1810 Dual Console - Lowrance HDS-7 Live/HDS-12 Live/Active Target - Lowrance Ghost - Yamaha 90 - 8' Power Pole Blades (2) - BoatEFX steps

Florida Carry Region 3 Representative - oh, and KISS rules!

8. Member
    This is the message on the Genesis Maps home page after I logged into my free account. At least we are seeing some progress...

The Genesis team is bringing systems back online.

The Genesis team has been hard at work getting the systems back online. Unfortunately, the site is not 100% yet. The team is making significant progress getting back to full functionality. You have access to your trips but you can't download any maps yet. Social Map is not working right now, you’ll be able to view the map and see your favorite waterbodies but there is no depth or hardness visuals. Any trips that are uploaded will take longer than normal to process. Our servers are being overwhelmed with trip processing. We'll post updates as they happen. Thank you for patience.

9. Member
    Genesis Maps is back up and running. I had 27 trips from earlier this summer, and I was able to upload all of those trips on Saturday. I also downloaded a lake map yesterday and it worked just fine on my Carbon 12. It was a lake that I haven't fished on in at least 2 years. I'm currently uploading 7 sonar logs from my fishing trip yesterday.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre Fan View Post
    Genesis Maps is back up and running. I had 27 trips from earlier this summer, and I was able to upload all of those trips on Saturday. I also downloaded a lake map yesterday and it worked just fine on my Carbon 12. It was a lake that I haven't fished on in at least 2 years. I'm currently uploading 7 sonar logs from my fishing trip yesterday.
    So what are you doing to download at the time? Maybe I’m missing something? There used to be a water droplet on each lake where you’d go to download each lake and it’s not there at the time.
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by htbboats View Post
    So what are you doing to download at the time? Maybe I’m missing something? There used to be a water droplet on each lake where you’d go to download each lake and it’s not there at the time.
    Probably worth a read: https://insightgenesis.wordpress.com...ial-map-tiles/

12. Member
    It’s been some time since I’ve downloaded information on a lake. At that time there was a droplet for each lake. Now it appears there could be several lakes included within the yellow block? That was throwing me off. Has that just changed or has it been sometime?
    Thanks for the help!
    Mark Hopper
    Jackson Tn 38301
    htbboats@aol.com

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by htbboats View Post
    It’s been some time since I’ve downloaded information on a lake. At that time there was a droplet for each lake. Now it appears there could be several lakes included within the yellow block? That was throwing me off. Has that just changed or has it been sometime?
    Thanks for the help!
    That change was made this year. Yes, you download a yellow block, and some lakes occupy 2 or more blocks. I fish Eastern Lake Ontario, so I have to download 4 yellow blocks to cover the areas I fish. I label them LO1, LO2, etc. When you upload sonar logs, it's the same as it's always been.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12