Thread: New STS model

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    If the 19ft Caracal stays do you think it will move from premium to advantage?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lostone View Post
    If the 19ft Caracal stays do you think it will move from premium to advantage?
    the 19’ is staying. There will be more info on it tomorrow I’m sure about the 19’. It obviously will be cheaper as an SP model.

3. Member
    I was hoping for a bare bones cut down Vision rig with a 250. . . I don’t see how this doesn’t directly compete with the Cougar, Caracal, and Puma STS models.
    2019 Bass Cat Cougar / 2019 Mercury 250
    Lake Shasta Record Spotted Bass: 9.63lbs

4. Member
    Good Morning,
    As a non-facebook user ..... what did I miss!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    Good Morning,
    As a non-facebook user ..... what did I miss!
    Caracal STS.. same length as eyra rated up to 300. For under 50k... Just kidding... Probably 100k.

I was hoping for a bare bones cut down Vision rig with a 250. . . I don’t see how this doesn’t directly compete with the Cougar, Caracal, and Puma STS models.
    In this economy, that would make more sense... Add some models to the vision line instead of adding more 100k boats on an already crowded lineup with the eyra, cougar, widebody caracal).
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

6. Member
    With this new Caracal I could see them phasing out the old Caracal and the premium boats will only be 20 footers and bigger. If so they could then take the Pantera Classic and update it to an advantage model with some of the same characteristics of the 19 foot Caracal.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbandit1 View Post
    20 foot caracal with a 250 would be a dream boat!
    Looks like you got your wish ha

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lost-in-salt View Post
    With this new Caracal I could see them phasing out the old Caracal and the premium boats will only be 20 footers and bigger. If so they could then take the Pantera Classic and update it to an advantage model with some of the same characteristics of the 19 foot Caracal.
    I would think they would phase out the lynx now that they have replaced the caracal. Both are wide running boats, add the sts with bigger motor allowance, what is the real purpose of owning the lynx. I have owned a lynx in the past. I dont think the Eyra is going anywhere from what i hear.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    I would think they would phase out the lynx now that they have replaced the caracal. Both are wide running boats, add the sts with bigger motor allowance, what is the real purpose of owning the lynx. I have owned a lynx in the past. I dont think the Eyra is going anywhere from what i hear.
    Yea, i don't see much need for the Lynx with the Puma STS only being an inch shorter and also being a wider body boat. If the Caracal will run as fast as an Eyra I don't see much need for the Eyra, but it has a very strong loyal following.

10. Member
    Yes sir! Just wish they would have left the layout exactly the same.

11. Member
    If this boat has any 202 ChampioN DNA in it, it will be one of the best riding boats ever made.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbandit1 View Post
    Yes sir! Just wish they would have left the layout exactly the same.
    I agree. I have had a fair number of traditional layout bass boats over the years and I love the functional layout of my Caracal way more than any of them.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lost-in-salt View Post
    Yea, i don't see much need for the Lynx with the Puma STS only being an inch shorter and also being a wider body boat. If the Caracal will run as fast as an Eyra I don't see much need for the Eyra, but it has a very strong loyal following.
    I have had a couple basscat and the Eyra is by far my favorite. It would hard for a caracal to hit the Eyra speeds though.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    I have had a couple basscat and the Eyra is by far my favorite. It would hard for a caracal to hit the Eyra speeds though.
    According to Rick it is right at 90 with the 300, that is very close to Eyra speeds and I believe he was being conservative as he said that he only made 1 pass with it.

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    According to Rick it is right at 90 with the 300, that is very close to Eyra speeds and I believe he was being conservative as he said that he only made 1 pass with it.
    How fast is it with a 250? High 70's? Talking about the new Caracal.

[QUOTE=Bogeypro;13103471]Caracal STS.. same length as eyra rated up to 300. For under 50k... Just kidding... Probably 100k.

I can only dream if it was 50k or even 70k. For the time being, I'm more than happy with my PIV! Congratulations BCB on the new model!

17. Member
    Did Rick limit the hull again???????? I feel like this is a Eyra STS with the HP rating and if they limit the sped again....WHY?????
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TideChaser View Post
    How fast is it with a 250? High 70's? Talking about the new Caracal.
    Yes and Yes I'm also talking about the new 20' 2" Caracal STS

Did you watch the video for the unveiling?

This hull has no Governor built in. Only the performance characteristics limit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Did Rick limit the hull again???????? I feel like this is a Eyra STS with the HP rating and if they limit the sped again....WHY?????

Only the Hybrid 203 hull has any affiliation to those former 203 builds. No other hulls have any characteristics or changes from that hull.

Quote Originally Posted by castforcash View Post
    If this boat has any 202 ChampioN DNA in it, it will be one of the best riding boats ever made.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast