Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Just sold 25% of my position in COIN. My average price was 131.00 a share and I started buying it at around 100 a share. I’m still kicking myself that I did not buy back a year ago when it was in the 40 dollar range. I still think it has more room to go but I caught a double so it was time to sell some. I think Coinbase is a safer investment than Bitcoin because it generates profit even when Bitcoin is selling off. Good luck to everyone.

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    New all time high.

I see a lot of people on social media selling here. I'm not though. No way I'm gonna miss whats coming, crash or moon......
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    New all time high.

I see a lot of people on social media selling here. I'm not though. No way I'm gonna miss whats coming, crash or moon......
    -
    great to see that climb way up there!………definitely looks like we might’ve found a ceiling. Down we go again. Typical btc roller coaster.

Definitely sticking it out for the long term too; that’s where the fun’s gonna be.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    The great thing about Bitcoin is that you can go from euphoria to catastrophic in a matter of minutes and be at the same price from 24 hrs ago.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    The great thing about Bitcoin is that you can go from euphoria to catastrophic in a matter of minutes and be at the same price from 24 hrs ago.
    -
    absolutely!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    Just sold 25% of my position in COIN. My average price was 131.00 a share and I started buying it at around 100 a share. I’m still kicking myself that I did not buy back a year ago when it was in the 40 dollar range. I still think it has more room to go but I caught a double so it was time to sell some. I think Coinbase is a safer investment than Bitcoin because it generates profit even when Bitcoin is selling off. Good luck to everyone.
    -
    definitely a good point there; it certainly does appear to have less volatility

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Every time Bitcoin makes a new high and really gets moving Coinbase breaks resulting in a swift move down. They better fix their crap or BlackRock will launch their own exchange.
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member
    Every time Bitcoin makes a new high and really gets moving Coinbase breaks resulting in a swift move down. They better fix their crap or BlackRock will launch their own exchange.
    -
    that’s an excellent point………..coinbase does really crap the bed when things start getting hot………..can’t say I would mind if blackrock opened its own exchange …………seems like some competition there would be a good thing

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Anybody watch the tape on coinbase pro? Watching the tape on normal stocks, IMO, is now worthless. You don't know how much buying and selling at any given moment is a person, a fund, a market maker..... On coinbase pro, I think it's actual people and the big sell blocks may be miners, individuals or OTC desks. There's not options markets or big funds influencing price. Especially on a Sunday morning.

So I'm sitting here wondering who are these people with the .0001,etc, sell orders. Obviously small investors, but why are they selling their .015 bitcoin at $69,325....?

Clearly they don't know Bill Ackman was tweeting last night about maybe buying bitcoin.
    Thanos was the hero

I'm waiting for Peter Schiff to admit he was wrong and will be investing in Bitcoin.

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    I'm waiting for Peter Schiff to admit he was wrong and will be investing in Bitcoin.

I see bitcoin at $1mil before that happens
    Thanos was the hero

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    There was a person on here a while back, maybe even a couple years ago, who was mining bitcoin. I wonder how they're doing these days?

Sometimes I think about my decisions I made in the past in regards to investments. I do the woulda coulda shoulda thing. I'm not making that same mistake now. I would rather be wrong and loose the money I have invested now, and will be adding later on, take the loss versus being right and not have put everything that I am comfortable losing into it. I don't want to do the woulda coulda shoulda thing in 10, 20 years.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    The Ethereum Spot ETF is gonna be where it's at with possible dividends because of the staking.

Been DCA $100 per day every day since June of 2022.

I see Ethereum having a better growth this cycle over BITCOIN, especially when the Spot ETF gets approved, what Black Rock wants, black rock gets.

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTI0384 View Post
    The Ethereum Spot ETF is gonna be where it's at with possible dividends because of the staking.

I see Ethereum having a better growth this cycle over BITCOIN, especially when the Spot ETF gets approved, what Black Rock wants, black rock gets.

While a dividend would certainly be interesting Ethereum dosen't have a limit to supply. The reason BTC works for alot of us as a store of value and a hedge against inflation is the limit of supply. Supply is what sets BTC apart from gold as a hedge against inflation. Price of gold goes up, miners mine more gold increasing supply.

Why would I buy an Ethereum spot etf is the question?
    Thanos was the hero

15. Member
    While a dividend would certainly be interesting Ethereum dosen't have a limit to supply. The reason BTC works for alot of us as a store of value and a hedge against inflation is the limit of supply. Supply is what sets BTC apart from gold as a hedge against inflation. Price of gold goes up, miners mine more gold increasing supply.

Why would I buy an Ethereum spot etf is the question?
    Ethereum is more than just a digital currency, it's a marketplace for financial services, games and apps. It does have a built in burn mechanism with EIP-1559.

Black Rock and other powerhouses will use Ethereums layer 2 to further their financial agenda.

Then you have the Liquid staking I previously mentioned.

Right now people are awestruck with bitcoins current price but Ethereum has a higher chance of giving you larger gains in the next few years, I'm not saying it's price will be higher than Bitcoins but it's more likely to 7-10x than Bitcoin this cycle.

But who knows, I didn't think that investing $1000 in a stupid meme coin 6 months ago called Gekko.HQ would net me 19 grand last week but it did, glad I pulled out when I did since it was sketchy at best.

No one knows, but if a Ethereum Spot ETF is approved, it would be wise to invest in it

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DTI0384 View Post

-
    Me personally..............no way I want Viatlik or anyone else behind the scenes, pulling the strings on Eth or any of the other alts. We've all seen this story play out WAY too many times in this space when theres a development team, marketing team, or CEO of some sort involved. But, thats just me. (think Voyager, Celsius, FTX, Safemoon, bitconnect, etc, etc, etc)

And as mentioned above; no limited supply with Eth either. No different than fiat currencies where governments can print as much as they want and the value plummets. Gotta have scarcity.

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I'll admit that I don't understand yet alot about the crypto markets. I've been listening to some Michael Saylor interviews recently, I had no idea his background and how smart he is. Why isn't he buying ETH.

Speaking of Saylor. MSTR keeps raising money to buy more bitcoin. Meanwhile MSTR has a 20%+ short interest. Rumor is a fund is still short MSTR.
    Thanos was the hero

18. Member
    I personally purchase crypto to make money, The scarcity or the what if's don't faze me, it's the bottom line that matters, and while I've made a considerable amount with bitcoin, I have made much more with Ethereum, and altcoins.

A Ethereum Spot ETF will just drive the price up further.

Then you have Solana that I've hoarded when it was down in the dumps

Bitcoin is cool, the truth is no one really knows how this all will play out because the game is changing, and wallstreet has it's claws in the OG of digital currency now.

Bitcoin only has value because we gave it value just like everything else, alot of people cash in for Fiat ironically, because you can't buy every single thing with Bitcoin... yet anyways.

19. Member
    I'll admit that I don't understand yet alot about the crypto markets. I've been listening to some Michael Saylor interviews recently, I had no idea his background and how smart he is. Why isn't he buying ETH.

Speaking of Saylor. MSTR keeps raising money to buy more bitcoin. Meanwhile MSTR has a 20%+ short interest. Rumor is a fund is still short MSTR.
    -
    Crypto markets are definitely weird and i dont dig into them much myself. Too many altcoins out there with someone behind them pulling the strings and able to create more coins/tokens, makes them too ripe for a rug-pull for my taste. But, to each their own.

Ole Saylor is a smart dude. His credentials are no joke..................I think he actually used to be anti-bitcoin years back, but then took a deep dive into it and now understands it and is all in. I'm under the impression he's a bitcoin fan exclusively because it holds unshakeable attributes that the alts lack. (?) But dont quote me on that; i havent taken too deep a dive into his thoughts on it all, just surface level reading about him and MSTR.

I've read about the short interests and MSTR a little also and wondered the same thing you mentioned. Maybe its just the anti-bitcoin folks or those who see little value in MSTR as a company? (i'm just spit-balling here)

20. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Took some gains on the yolo trades and bought some MSTR. Doing my part for the short squeeze
    Thanos was the hero

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast