Removing charger?

Anyone removed their 4 bank charger and replaced it? Mine just had a bank go bad so I need to remove it and replace with a new one or ship this one off. Just wondering how much of a pain its going to be to get it out lol

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Pretty simple. Just keep track of wires as you remove them from the batteries.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Replaced a 3 bank with a 4. MK460PCL is a tight fit, but it fits. Helps to have a second person to hold the charger up while you drive screws.
    21 Phoenix 819 Pro
    21 Mercury Pro XS 200 4 Stroke (3B003279)

4. Member
    I just went thru this. Take a picture of how your wiring is run to your batteries, then take them out and its easy to remove the old one. 4 screws hold it on. Pretty straightforward.

Unless you put another just like this one on, you will likely have to make new holes for the new charger. Thanks to drewcraft, I learned there is a metal plate behind the fiberglass at that location and you need to drill the new mounting holes. That will save you from ruining a screw or 2.
    2021 Phoenix 818 PRO/ 175hp Mercury Pro XS, 2 Helix 9s, Mega 360, Garmin 93sv, Livescope, Sea Clear harness.

If it is a Dual Pro they are great to deal with. I took mine out (one bad bank) and took it up there since it is only an hour away and they had it ready in less than a week. I was just out of warranty by a week but they did not charge me. I did it by myself but it was a pain. measure from the bottom of charger to the floor underneath and cut a block of wood to sit it on when you are mounting it and it makes it way easier to line the holes back up, I should have done this to start with and only thought of it after struggling for 20 minutes with no luck.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    If it is a Dual Pro they are great to deal with. I took mine out (one bad bank) and took it up there since it is only an hour away and they had it ready in less than a week. I was just out of warranty by a week but they did not charge me. I did it by myself but it was a pain. measure from the bottom of charger to the floor underneath and cut a block of wood to sit it on when you are mounting it and it makes it way easier to line the holes back up, I should have done this to start with and only thought of it after struggling for 20 minutes with no luck.

Yes it is a Dual Pro. I called their service center about the issue i was having and the rep told me i was gonna have to take it out and ship it to them so they can fix or replace it so thats good to know they are good to deal with. And thanks for all the tips of the removal process.

Hope you have better luck than I did. The screw heads were stiped on the bottom and had to get a drimel to grind the head off to get the last screw out.