Thread: Trey Mckinney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Trey Mckinney

Been paying attention to this name since the start of the open season.. still to early or is he the next Prodigy

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    It will be interesting to follow his progress Hope his success continues

Saw him at Toledo bend. He’s been doing well, very well! Hope he continues!

4. Member
    What sport?
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

No, he’s been good since he was a youngster. From a fine family who are committed to their children’s successes. He’s been active in BFL, AC Tournaments, USA Bassin’, several youth event title nationally and more. Solid success with his older mentor and protege, Rick, who works with him consistently.

He’s a very good young man who realizes life’s a blessing.

6. Member
    Yep from what ive seen im pulling for him. He shows there is some hope for the future, seems like a very good young man and a HECK of a fisherman

Looks like his brother can catch them too.

8. Member
    Seems like a good kid and always counts his blessings. Like Mark said, his brother is pretty good too. I hope he can pull out a win in the opens yet this year.

9. Member
    He fished same BFL division as me. He did crazy good in the ILLINI BFL division and won the AOY twice and won BFL several events. Also won several of the local buddy tourneys last few year. Pretty much has fished tourneys every weekend and usually is near the top in all of them. From what I have been told and heard interviews, he is really, really good with livescope and all the electronics. I heard interview with him talking about it and it was way above my head. Like speaking a different language. After seeing what he has done the last 2 years, I wouldn't put it past him to not only make the Elites but also continue to compete for the OPENS AOY this year as well. I have learned to never put anything past him no matter his age. It really is amazing.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    He fished same BFL division as me. He did crazy good in the ILLINI BFL division and won the AOY twice and won BFL several events. Also won several of the local buddy tourneys last few year. Pretty much has fished tourneys every weekend and usually is near the top in all of them. From what I have been told and heard interviews, he is really, really good with livescope and all the electronics. I heard interview with him talking about it and it was way above my head. Like speaking a different language. After seeing what he has done the last 2 years, I wouldn't put it past him to not only make the Elites but also continue to compete for the OPENS AOY this year as well. I have learned to never put anything past him no matter his age. It really is amazing.
    yeah anything ive read seems like is going to be a very very familiar name for a long time to come God willing. Haha i hear ya on the livescope talk, ive heard some guys talking about it at another leverl and it does sound foreign. Heck just looking at it looks foreign to me still

11. dartag1829
    Solid start. 5 opens and 62k in the bank. Second in EQ AOY points. Him and Millican could be one year wonders to qualify for the Elites. Going to be fun to watch him progress.

12. Member
    Fished with his cousin in the Open at Buggs (Trevor) and was fortunate enough to eat supper with Trevor and Trey that night. A great great family and easy to root for.

Quote Originally Posted by heelamonster View Post
    Fished with his cousin in the Open at Buggs (Trevor) and was fortunate enough to eat supper with Trevor and Trey that night. A great great family and easy to root for.

I assumed they were brothers. My mistake.

14. Member
    I did too originally, Mark - hadn't even seen your post above when I wrote that. Regardless, both great guys!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Solid start. 5 opens and 62k in the bank. Second in EQ AOY points. Him and Millican could be one year wonders to qualify for the Elites. Going to be fun to watch him progress.
    He's got some impressive earnings this season for sure, considering that these are opens after all. Heck, Milliken is knocking on 70k in winnings over the course of 5 opens.

16. Member
    think its pretty neat to see some of these guys who stand out and do well from places you dont think about bass fishing.. Where he is from, millikens from nebraska(i know hes been in Texas a few years now), Jacob wheeler from Indiana, Brandon Paulinek from idaho .. not comparing Trey and Milliken to Wheeler and Paulinek, obviously you just cant for many reasons but now knowing where Trey is from and Ben from his youtube made me think of guys Like Brandon and Jacob

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basshammerwannabe View Post
    think its pretty neat to see some of these guys who stand out and do well from places you dont think about bass fishing.. Where he is from, millikens from nebraska(i know hes been in Texas a few years now), Jacob wheeler from Indiana, Brandon Paulinek from idaho .. not comparing Trey and Milliken to Wheeler and Paulinek, obviously you just cant for many reasons but now knowing where Trey is from and Ben from his youtube made me think of guys Like Brandon and Jacob
    Trey is from Carbondale, IL which is in southern IL. It is about 30 minutes from where I grew up. Just small town southern IL in the middle of the cornfields. Most fishing he is doing now is nothing like what we fish in southern IL. Most of what we do is super shallow with hardly any grass to speak of. One lake in area has some deeper water with some grass. None of the BFL lakes we fish have any grass at all. One has some deeper water with some offshore fishing.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanSam View Post
    Trey is from Carbondale, IL which is in southern IL. It is about 30 minutes from where I grew up. Just small town southern IL in the middle of the cornfields. Most fishing he is doing now is nothing like what we fish in southern IL. Most of what we do is super shallow with hardly any grass to speak of. One lake in area has some deeper water with some grass. None of the BFL lakes we fish have any grass at all. One has some deeper water with some offshore fishing.

and thats whats even more impressive to me.. same goes with the rest of the guys i mentioned. Then to go out and put it together on different lakes they have never been to is pretty cool

19. Member
    Trey has had his own TV show called "Training Up the Next Generation". He filmed episodes with Andy Morgan, Scott Canterbury, and others. I think he started the show when he was 12 or 13.

3 or 4 years ago, I fished a team tournament as a fill-in with a friend at Rend Lake, IL. We came in 3rd... 2nd place was Trey and his mom. He was talking pretty big at the end of the day and I thought he was just a punk kid who got lucky. Boy was I wrong. lol

20. Member
    Mommy and daddy paying for everything

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast