Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Man, I’ve had all kinds…. I’ve gotten rid of everything and just have a regular ole 22” Weber kettle and wouldn’t trade it for anything…. *disclaimer, I’ve never tried a big green egg…

2. Member
    One made at your local welding shop to your specs.
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

3. Member
    Weber Kettle Grill

4. Member
    I have a Napoleon grill that is made in North America. It's the Prestige series and is made in the USA and Canada. There Rogue series sold at Lowe's is imported.

5. Member
    Vermont castings
    Pool 10

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tfall View Post
    So what is the best made in America Charcoal Grill? .................................................. . Anyone else know of a great grill that is made in America that is built to last?
    I compliment you on looking for a real American made product. Charcoal cooking is a skill but I believe the finished product excells compared to gas grills.

7. Member
    I run a weber kettle and bought a Spider Grills Venom on it which is a wifi-enabled PID controller for temp control. Works awesome, I can run long smokes and hold at 225 to 250 all night long or set it to run at 600 degrees and it will hold that. I also have a second weber kettle that I have set up as a wood fire oven with a different accessory I bought. Works awesome too. All in Have around $600 total spent for all the set ups. I keep them covered when not in use and they look brand new. I like that they are still very light so I can move them around easily. I like the idea of the Eggs but way to heavy and way too costly.

I’m still using a Weber NG that I got back in the spring of 2001 and works 3 or 4 times a week from March to November

9. Member
    Weber kettle grill is the best consumer production grill made in the USA for the money.

http://www.horizonbbqsmokers.com

I have this one http://www.horizonbbqsmokers.com/bac...classic-smoker

It was a father's day gift 2 years ago. A replacement to my original, pre charbroil, Oklahoma Joes. Its heavy and will take 3 grown children to lift it.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    http://www.horizonbbqsmokers.com

I have this one http://www.horizonbbqsmokers.com/bac...classic-smoker

It was a father's day gift 2 years ago. A replacement to my original, pre charbroil, Oklahoma Joes. Its heavy and will take 3 grown children to lift it.
    When I need to replace my smoker I will definitely check that one out. Looks well built and I like the simple classic design.

The Smokey Joe is a table top dwarf version of the kettle that’s perfect for 2-3 people. I upgraded mine with an aftermarket 2 piece cast iron grate. It’ll cook anything but really shines on steaks …

Mine sits outside year round and is well into it’s fifth year.

FE30260B-423B-4322-BE31-6D7CC8074D65.jpeg0A6DDED6-9932-4EEC-81FF-1DB34C144F84.jpeg
    Ranting incoherently

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I compliment you on looking for a real American made product. Charcoal cooking is a skill but I believe the finished product excells compared to gas grills.
    Its tuff finding America made products nowadays. After much research I found out that PK Grills are now made in China as of 2022.

So now I’m looking at the Hasty Bake and the Pilot Rock. Weber makes a great grill and the design is one of the best but their American made is kinda misleading. They source the materials from other countries but don’t say where but assemble them here. I’m sure many others do the same.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    The Smokey Joe is a table top dwarf version of the kettle that’s perfect for 2-3 people. I upgraded mine with an aftermarket 2 piece cast iron grate. It’ll cook anything but really shines on steaks …

Mine sits outside year round and is well into it’s fifth year.

FE30260B-423B-4322-BE31-6D7CC8074D65.jpeg0A6DDED6-9932-4EEC-81FF-1DB34C144F84.jpeg
    I have one of these that I have not used yet. Found it in my dads shop after he passed away. Was brand new and never had any fire in it. I think I may go ahead and use it to grill some ribeyes today in honor of my dad.
    John the Garage Doorman

15. Member
    When I need to replace my smoker I will definitely check that one out. Looks well built and I like the simple classic design.
    But at $1500 I don't think so.......

Instead I bought this grill for $30 used on Market Place and cleaned it up and put another $30 in high temp paint and some scrap wood for the shelf and handles.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post

Instead I bought this grill for $30 used on Market Place and cleaned it up and put another $30 in high temp paint and some scrap wood for the shelf and handles.......
    I had that exact same one but is was branded as a New Braunfels …. It actually was a very decent smoker/grill that I got quite a few years out of
    Ranting incoherently

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireball View Post

Nice fixer upper.

I think the reason for the higher price is the build quality and materials. The expensive one is very heavy gauge galvanized steel and has no air gaps for good heat retention. Small American made manufacturing is pricey and I’m getting tired of China made crap. The Hasty-Bake looks too be my next and hopefully last Grill.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bilgerat View Post
    I had that exact same one but is was branded as a New Braunfels …. It actually was a very decent smoker/grill that I got quite a few years out of
    You also had a New Braunfels grill. I had one for many years. Bought it at Sam’s Club about 15 - 20 years ago for $199 but it had a square shaped top with the smoke box underneath on the left side. I LOVED that grill. It was Very heavy.

19. Member
    Nice fixer upper.

I think the reason for the higher price is the build quality and materials. The expensive one is very heavy gauge galvanized steel and has no air gaps for good heat retention. Small American made manufacturing is pricey and I’m getting tired of China made crap. The Hasty-Bake looks to be my next and hopefully last Grill.
    I concur, everything from China is crap. This fixer upper is old and heavy but not quite as heavy as the New B grill I had.

20. Member
    I use the Oklahoma joes grill/ smoker combo and it is very well built and cooks great and smokes really good, I usually grill something once a week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast