Hail is hell….

I know there are certain areas of the states that deal with it far more frequently than we do here in my neck of the woods. But Wednesday, we had a doozy of a hail storm roll through. Well, a doozy by our standards anyways. It was baseball to some softball sized hail that hit and kept on hitting for about 15 minutes. Cars everywhere are pounded. Houses. Boats on the lake that weren’t in a covered dock. Tree limbs and leaves everywhere. Of all the things that I needed to have happen, a hail storm wasn’t on my list. But, the good Lord kept us safe and our damage wasn’t as bad as some. So, we’re fortunate. But, hail storms do suck!

2. Member
    Sorry to hear you guys got hit---we got hit 5 yrs ago with softball size. Did about 20k damage to our place . Makes you wonder how the cows and other animals live through it ! Glad you didnt get it too bad !!
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

3. Member
    That sucks. We don't get alot of hail around here but when we do it tears the shit out of everything. Hail and wind are way worse than a 30" snowfall that's for sure.

4. Member
    What area? We’ve got a cabin at Mt Harbor. Thanks.

5. Member
    Glad you're all good. Property can be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Ron H 520 View Post
    We’re in Hot Springs. I’m not sure how far to the west the hail hit, but the storm did come out of Montgomery Co. There’s a few videos floating around of hail on Lake Ouachita. Sorta looked like a big ass blender with the hail hitting the water.

7. Member
    Hail storms suck they are so destructive to houses and vehicles. On the plus side they are good for my business metal garage doors don’t stand a chance in a large hail storm. One thing one can almost count on here is that the insurance company will be replacing your roof before it wears out.
    John the Garage Doorman

8. #FRB
    I heard it was bad out that way. Know someone in the Hot Springs area who's single wide and GF's car got destroyed. We got lucky here in the Little Rock area.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

9. Member
    I saw that ya'll got hit real bad. Mother Nature is unforgiving, my Uncle completely lost his house in Sherwood when the tornados came through about two months ago.

10. Member
    I saw some news reports of Texas and over that away.

11. Member
    Here in NE Ohio we get hail several times a year, but it’s usually pea sized. In May of 2011 we got a doozy. Biggest size was the size of a quarter and lasted about 20 minutes. 21k damage to our commercial boarding kennel (roof, gutters and siding). 40k to the house (roof, 2 sky lights, 1 window, siding and gutters) 7K damage to wife’s Lexus and 4.4k damage to my Nissan Titan truck.

I can’t even begin to imagine what baseball & softball size hail would do.
    2018 AlumaCraft Competitor 185cs, 2018 Yamaha F150XB w/2019 Yamaha T9.9 kicker w/Trollsmarter
    Heritage Custom Trailer w/Torsion axle / Vault Hubs & 4 step Trick Step
    Terrova 80# 24v I-Pilot, GARMIN 126sv
    Towed by: 2018 Chevy Colorado V6 Crew Cab 4x4 Long bed or 2016 Winnebago 38Q

12. Member

we got hit here in East MS last night. Up to baseball sized... luckily I only saw quarter sized, so minimal damage. I feel for others not so fortunate!
    I used to live in Colorado Springs...that place was bad for hail... 2 roofs, 2 trucks totaled.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LateralLine View Post
    Wow!!!! The damage from hail that size must be horrific.

15. Member
    Saw where some place was hit with grapefruit size hail. Showed some on the weather channel. Wouldn’t it be fun to be stuck on the water when that happens!

16. Member
    Niece of mine lives in TX and had softball-sized hail a few weeks ago. Problem was, she wasn’t home at the time and has a large skylight in her second-story roof. Oofta! Many tens of thousands of dollars damage before she got home due to combination of breakage in the skylight, roof damage, and water damage throughout the second story. Luckily not enough subsequent rainfall to affect the first floor, and a helpful neighbor arranged to have the roof covered with a tarp until she arrived home.

17. Member
    If you hate hail, steer clear of Colorado. Often not as big but a weekly occurrence in spring & summer. Roofers and paintless dent repair outfits set up shop here for months every yr. & our insurance pricing reflects all this pain. We've had 5 events in the last 2 weeks at my house.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron H 520 View Post
    Royal got it real bad, I did notice some green leaves on the ground around Shangri La yesterday and I do know Mt Ida had a small amount.

19. Member
    We had softball size hail in NE Louisiana in the late '80's that killed some horses and dogs.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

20. Member
    Wow........don't get much here but the thought of it and destructiveness makes a person wary to say the least.