Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Battery powered lawn mowers

Next door neighbor has a battery mower. He was just mowing and I ask him how the mower was doing. He said this is just his third season mowing and he had to replace the battery. He searched everywhere on line and couldn’t find the exact battery that came with the mower. He had to go down in size but it was still 189 dollars. Think I will just keep my 10yo gas mower.

Using a Lowes 80V mower... 3rd year... Granted my yard's small but I get 3 cuts on one charge... Pennies charging vs. shuffling gas around town with zero rope pulling... I'm no EV fan at all but for cutting grass.... it's very convenient...

3. Member
    Funny!!
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Next door neighbor has a battery mower. He was just mowing and I ask him how the mower was doing. He said this is just his third season mowing and he had to replace the battery. He searched everywhere on line and couldn’t find the exact battery that came with the mower. He had to go down in size but it was still 189 dollars. Think I will just keep my 10yo gas mower.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Funny!!
    You might say it’s funny. But I am just posting what he told me nothing more. Don’t really care if you believe it or not.

5. Member
    Like anything else...Performance is based on the quality of the item you choose to buy....
    If its only 3 years old and he couldn't find a battery it's more than likely not a name brand mower..
    .Im also seeing alot more battery powered trimmers and edgers in the subs..
    Battery power may not be the hot setup for big acreage but for small yards it could be a plus..
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 06-15-2023 at 02:57 PM.
    "Historically the most terrible things-war, genocide and slavery-have resulted not from disobedience but from obedience"
    Zinn

6. Member
    Oh I believe it, just found it very funny. I have a great sense of humor and thanks for sharing!
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    You might say it’s funny. But I am just posting what he told me nothing more. Don’t really care if you believe it or not.

7. Member
    Just like electric (battery powered) anything else they are great for some jobs. I have a Milwaukee string trimmer I use for close around my cabins. Past that I have to fire the gas trimmer up. Will pass on the mower with my yard.

8. Member
    10 acres think ill just keep my 2 skcag mowers

9. Member
    dewalt has 2-3 really neat ones my next one will be a dewalt when my 90's 2 stroke lawn boy dies, if ever!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. Member
    Personal choices are awesome.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

11. Member
    Have had my Craftsman Lithium mower 8 years. Still going strong. Think I will just keep my 8yo battery mower.

12. Member
    Electric is not for me . The new neighbor has an electric mower, weed eater and blower. Has to mow every couple of days or the mower boogs down. His blower can’t move grass clippings more than a few feet. We have the exact same size yards and he takes twice as long to mow. The cut looks nice but I’m not spending half the day doing yard work.
    John the Garage Doorman

13. Member
    Best thing we ever did! Lawn service guy cut's, trims,mulch's etc. no mower, trimmer's cost or upkeep, time etc.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    Best thing we ever did! Lawn service guy cut's, trims,mulch's etc. no mower, trimmer's cost or upkeep, time etc.
    Do they use a battery powered lawn mower?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerOKC View Post
    Do they use a battery powered lawn mower?
    I dought it , lol
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

16. Member
    I’ll never buy another gas powered piece of yard care equipment again. Same with corded power tools. Lithium all the way.

17. Member
    Unless I wear hearing protection, my ears ring after I get off my John deere. If I could find a battery powered mower that would cover 5 acres, I'd make the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Personal choices are awesome.
    Until the government takes them away...just ask the folks in CA as gas mowers are about to be banned. Minnesota is looking to do the same.

I'll keep my bad boy..

MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

20. dartag1829
    People across the street have one of these. It lives in a little house the guy built. It comes out, cuts the lawn and puts itself away. We live on a busy road. I know when it is out as people are stopped taking photos and videos. It does a good job on his lawn.

lawn.JPG

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast