Thread: F195 Chine Walk

F195 Chine Walk

Having issues with my F195 chine walking above 65 mph or so. I've tried jackplate settings from 1 to 20, defnitely runs better higher 15+ but still starts walking and gets uncontrollable. I've researched chine walking and lots of talk about weight distribution but no real details on if you want more weight up front, back, etc? Any suggestions? I'm trying to save time trying numerous things since I don't have any experience with the issue.

2. Member
    I have a manuel JP and from factory setting it liked 1 1/4 inches higher than that. Maybe you could find out where that is exactly from Falcon on a factory set up. Mine was like riding in a washing machine WOT factory set. Twitch the steering wheel to the left just a little. Never try to go perfectly straight WOT. Hole shot was better at factory settings but higher is where mine rides on a rail. I can get 71 out of mine no problem and as long as you twitch the steering wheel it no longer chines. I dont run a hydraulic but your 15+ sounds exactly like the problem I was having when the motor was too low factory settings. At 65 it felt like it was going to throw the trolling motor off the boat. Wish I could give you a definite height but maybe you can gauge from factory setting and run your jack plate at 1 1/4 inches higher.

3. Member
    Lets talk about Triton"Chine Walk myth"...and what its really doing :) (bbcboards.net)

All performance hulls can chine walk. while set up can help, ultimately you need to learn how to drive. Even though this thread is from the Triton page it is still relevant to all brands. And, btw, if anyone ever tries to help you by telling you to "drive through it" walk away.

4. Member
    I am having the same issue. A Falcon dealer who also does a lot of prop testing and boat service in general told me these hulls seem to like a lot of weight in the back. They also found a P2P measurement of about 2.75" to be good.
    2022 Falcon F195

As noted above, any high performance bass boat is going to chine walk when set up for top speed. Along with the recommendations above, here is a good video on driving by Rick Pierce:

https://basscat.com/bass-boats-learn...h-rick-pierce/
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    I run my F195 at 75mph regularly with no chine walk. Top speed of 79.2mph to date.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitviper View Post
    I run my F195 at 75mph regularly with no chine walk. Top speed of 79.2mph to date.
    Ok, Any suggestions for the op to minimize chime?

8. Member
    I also had the same issue, as has most with the f195. I distributed weight so that the boat sat left side heavy. Yes the hull perform better with more weight aft but depending how your boat is rigged, it probably has enough weight in the back. 2 poles, 4 lead batteries, water level was at the rub rails. I actually lightened the weight by installing lithium. You want port side heavy.

9. Member
    The 4 blade prop and hydraulic jack plate probably helped the most. I tend to run in the 1.25" to 1.75" p2p area, depending on conditions and desired top speed. If I don't want to go as fast (say stick to 65-70mph) I'll run 1.75-2" p2p and it's still very stable.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitviper View Post
    The 4 blade prop and hydraulic jack plate probably helped the most. I tend to run in the 1.25" to 1.75" p2p area, depending on conditions and desired top speed. If I don't want to go as fast (say stick to 65-70mph) I'll run 1.75-2" p2p and it's still very stable.
    I agree, the 4 blade helped with mine also. I’m not sure what my ptp is but at top speed my atlas gauge is on 13-14