Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think the OP is interesting. Maybe some other ideas he might be referring to would be…
    1. Umbrella rigs, including multiple rigs tied in tandem (prob banned in some states but not others?)
    2. Live scope technology.
    3. Long lining?
    4. Blinking lures?
    2016 Falcon F215 - 2016 Mercury Pro XS OptiMax

2. Member
    An Elite Series angler lives on a lake where it is illegal to plant brush, but throughout the year he puts out piles anyway. There is a tourney coming up, he honors the off limits period, all other rules, etc. Do the rules prevent him from fishing the tourney due to his illegal activity?

3. Member
    iT'S CALLED hOME LAKE ADVANTAGE !

4. Member
    No guides or info other that from tournament contestants.
    1 day of practice.
    Contestants who are on a "spot" first have that said spot till they leave. No more of the BS 50 yard rule or bumper boat fishing.

5. Banned
    You talking bout gee man? Making a commercial for a dt 20 on how good it can snag a schooling Bass in the ******* when they don’t want to bite?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyVexus View Post
    Some Lakes you need to obtain a permit to sink a brush pile. I guess if an angler does it without a permit then the TD may have something to say about it.
    How is anyone going to prove someone is fishing a brushpile that they may have sunk illegally? Anyone could have sunk it and anyone could have found it during any period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-Raven View Post
    How is anyone going to prove someone is fishing a brushpile that they may have sunk illegally? Anyone could have sunk it and anyone could have found it during any period of time.
    Is that a way to go through life? Doing things that are against the law or rules, but cannot be proven?

Is that what tournament fishing has become? A set of rules, where violations that cannot be proven are performed by most of the winning contestants?

Quote Originally Posted by Dnewer View Post
    You talking bout gee man? Making a commercial for a dt 20 on how good it can snag a schooling Bass in the ******* when they don’t want to bite?
    The hard on you have for him is impressive. Like a scorn ex wife.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Is that a way to go through life? Doing things that are against the law or rules, but cannot be proven?

Is that what tournament fishing has become? A set of rules, where violations that cannot be proven are performed by most of the winning contestants?

Guy I fished with in my first Federation club tournament was state champion the year prior. That was 1991 and he stopped competing at the state level because there was a group who planted brush piles and gained a big advantage. He was a very successful business man and the idea of starting with that much of a handicap was not worth playing the game. It tipped the scales too much on an average day.

I guess in today's society, rules are now just guidelines. Not following rules is no longer wrong unless you get caught. To me, that is the issue. There is no respect for rules and many want to interpret the rules based on their own morals. "If it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't right."

11. Member

Just asking the question, not saying how one should act. So if any brushpiles are found in such a lake, even if you didn't plant them, then you are not supposed to fish them would be the next question?

Just asking the question, not saying how one should act. So if any brushpiles are found in such a lake, even if you didn't plant them, then you are not supposed to fish them would be the next question?
    Of course; it’s understood that we’re just discussing.

My answer might be that while it’s OK to improve the fish habitat in the lake in the quest to improve the overall fishing, placing points of cover intending to win tournaments is different.

13. Member

My answer might be that while it’s OK to improve the fish habitat in the lake in the quest to improve the overall fishing, placing points of cover intending to win tournaments is different.
    I would agree if only illegal to do so but not otherwise. But again would be almost impossible to enforce except maybe via a polygraph.

14. Member

Some states plant brush and post websites with the GPS for crappie fisherman.

https://mdc.mo.gov/fishing/where-fis...actor-pdf-maps

I would agree if only illegal to do so but not otherwise. But again would be almost impossible to enforce except maybe via a polygraph.
    It turns out that in the course of human endeavors, rules and law enforcement are no substitute for integrity.

16. Member
    Cheating is fishing a brush pile you didn’t put in the lake. Do your own work.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    Some states plant brush and post websites with the GPS for crappie fisherman.

https://mdc.mo.gov/fishing/where-fis...actor-pdf-maps
    Indeed.

Many state DNRs, lake associations, resorts, and fishing clubs, have fish crib and habitat creation programs.

However, they are not done so a specific tournament fisherman can have an advantage in a tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    That’s a different way of looking at it.

19. Member
    It turns out that in the course of human endeavors, rules and law enforcement are no substitute for integrity.
    So every time I break the speed limit, run a red light or similar I should flag a cop down and turn myself in? That's having integrity right? Not saying I don't agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post

I think there are guys on here that truly think it's OK to fish a pile someone else put out but not OK for the person that put it out to fish it themselves.

I've put a few out over the years. My thoughts are once someone sinks a pile then it becomes community property and fair game for anyone to fish it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast