Active Target 2 hard wired to battery?

Are most of these wired this way? My new boat came this way. Basically, as soon as I turn the battery switch on AT2 is running. Doesn’t matter if I’m using it or not. I would prefer it only run when I’m using it. Is this an easy change?

Sounds like the yellow wake up wire is combined with the red power wire on the AT Module - some wire it this way as they prefer the AT module come on automatically with the boat. The other and more common way is to instead connect the yellow wake up wire from the AT Module to either an HDS unit wake up wire (so that it only powers up when you power on your Head Unit), or wire an on/off switch into the yellow wire, which would allow you to manually control when the AT Module has power.

The latter option is useful for guys who may not use AT all the time, and are concerned about amp draw of the module being powered on but not actually using AT. (Although, the amp draw of the AT module when AT is stopped is minimal).

Simplist solution would be to remove yellow wire from red power on wire and connect to yellow wire of a Head Unit most likley. That's the "Standard" setup.

3. Member
    Run the Yellow wire from the AT to a toggle switch on the bow, In the mean time get into the habit of turning the AT stop sonar on when transducer is out of the water, on the water and when off the water turn all the power off in your boat on the battery disconnect switch. If you are still unshure if the AT box is turned off look and see if all the lights are out.

4. Member
    Look at any of my install videos on my YouTube channel and you will see I wire the AT yellow wire to an accessory switch on my dash panel. Most boats now have unused accessory switches on the dash from the factory, or you can install one.
    ciao,
    Marc

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Look at any of my install videos on my YouTube channel and you will see I wire the AT yellow wire to an accessory switch on my dash panel. Most boats now have unused accessory switches on the dash from the factory, or you can install one.
    I followed Marc's advice and it's worked perfectly to date. Now I just have to remember to flip the switch off.....😉

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    @Marc What if my AT box is powered by one battery and my accessory switch is on another battery? I want the yellow to turn on and off my AT box through the ACC switch in my dash.
    Good thing Hook sets are FREE!

Jobie Walker
    '05 TR21XDC
    10 in Atlas Hydraulic
    250 ProXS 4 stroke
    25 p Tempest Plus Croxton

7. Member
    Then hook the yellow wire to whatever hot wire off the acc switch. Whoever wired 2 batteries without common grounds is fired.