Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vehicle Prices these days...

The thread(s) on the 3.0 Duramax got me to checking on a new or late model used one. Really only interested in 2021 or newer, and I'd really like to have one of the AT4s with the baby D-Max.

I have a 2014 F150 Eco which has been paid for quite a while now and I take half of my previous payment amount and stick it in an account to save towards a newer truck some time. But, even with the trade-in or outright sale value of my truck, plus what I've saved, I'll still need to finance around $35K or so. I just can't justify it to myself. There is zero wrong with my F150 and it has right at 125K on it. Just can't make myself sign up for another $600/month or so payment for another 5 years.

I'm not saying the prices are too high or even out of line, they're just a LOT these days.

Guess I'll stick with the F150 for the foreseeable future.

2. Member
    Since you want full size, go kick some tires. Dealers are offering some pretty good discounts and interest rates on full size because they’re not moving with gas prices.

3. Member
    I’m with ya, but my current truck only has 65000 miles on it. I used to trade every other year or so. The prices right now has stopped the madness for me.

4. Member
    Current truck has 204,000 miles with some rust issues. Been looking to replace it since I’m now retired and would like a new one that will last me since I won’t be putting many miles on it. Been looking at midsize trucks specifically the Toyota Tacoma but most of them are running from 43 to 48K. I need to pull the trigger soon as the Tacoma is being redesigned for 2024 and will no longer be available with the 3.5 V6. I really don’t want a 4 cylinder turbo for towing the boat.
    John the Garage Doorman

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Current truck has 204,000 miles with some rust issues. Been looking to replace it since I’m now retired and would like a new one that will last me since I won’t be putting many miles on it. Been looking at midsize trucks specifically the Toyota Tacoma but most of them are running from 43 to 48K. I need to pull the trigger soon as the Tacoma is being redesigned for 2024 and will no longer be available with the 3.5 V6. I really don’t want a 4 cylinder turbo for towing the boat.
    Can almost guarantee the new motor will perform far, far better than that 3.5. That 3.5 has a pretty bad reputation as far as performance.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Can almost guarantee the new motor will perform far, far better than that 3.5. That 3.5 has a pretty bad reputation as far as performance.
    It most definitely will. The 3.5 is a mini van motor that makes peak torque at almost 5k. The new 2.4 will make 50ft/lb more torque at about 2k.
    Take the cylinder number and turbo out of the equation and ask which one would pull better.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by troutspinner View Post
    Since you want full size, go kick some tires. Dealers are offering some pretty good discounts and interest rates on full size because they’re not moving with gas prices.
    I went and kicked a whole lotta tires the other day..not many good deals around me.

Almost anything with a decent package for towing a 21ft rig is 50-60k.

I'd have to finance 40k or so and with interest rates at 6%+ that's gonna wind up paying like +7k over the span of the loan..

My old 2004 tundra still pulls the boat fine so I guess ill just keep getting 8mpg.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    John, I hope you find whatever truck you want. I have not looked a new trucks in 15 years. I have no idea of what truck models I would look at. With all your doing to take care of your wife, I hope you get whatever you want.

Bless you and good luck.

9. Member
    April 2020, bought a Ram crew cab classic with 20k for 23,300. That truck is appraising for 5K higher with 60k. Pure madness.

10. Member
    Any full size truck or SUV that has any amount of options is going to cost north of 60k up to over 100k. Ridiculous............all day long and twice on Sunday. The used prices are even crazier for what they want. The new Taco with that motor will pull fine but for the first model year they may not have much of a discount if any.

11. Member
    Crazy prices nowadays, now try to sell it for more

12. Expert at Retired RangrSkipr's Avatar
    I'm in the same truck as you. . so to speak. 2018 Denali with 40K miles and paid for. Been looking at 23 Denali's and AT4's with the Duramax. Didn't punch in the numbers for my trade but I'm sure there would be $30-35K difference and I just can't justify it given the low mileage like new condition of my current ride.

It’s crazy.. I have traded trucks every 3 years-ish when my current hits 100k-130k. Every trade prior, the new truck I’ve purchased 12,500-15,000 off. Current trucks have the highest spike in cost & the lowest rebates. I should have about 1 year before hitting my max to trade so things need to drastically change by then.

My 7.3 has 356000 and haven’t had a payment in 18yrs won’t have one either.
    2010 Basscat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 175 Pro XS 4 Stroke

I have a 2000 F250 4x4 w/5.4 and 165,000mi. It drinks gas, no doubt. But with the price of new or late model trucks, I can buy a hell of a lot of gas for my ‘ol heap. Everything works, and I’d drive it coast to coast starting tomorrow. I just can’t justify spending what it takes to buy a new/newer truck in todays world. I kinda wonder if there will ever be a breaking point for vehicle prices in the future?

16. Member
    Yep, it’s stupid. I sold my 2012 F350 & traded in my 2018 F150, I still had to come up with $8k for a new truck. I pray this thing last me 20 years, I know it won’t.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    The thread(s) on the 3.0 Duramax got me to checking on a new or late model used one. Really only interested in 2021 or newer, and I'd really like to have one of the AT4s with the baby D-Max.

I have a 2014 F150 Eco which has been paid for quite a while now and I take half of my previous payment amount and stick it in an account to save towards a newer truck some time. But, even with the trade-in or outright sale value of my truck, plus what I've saved, I'll still need to finance around $35K or so. I just can't justify it to myself. There is zero wrong with my F150 and it has right at 125K on it. Just can't make myself sign up for another $600/month or so payment for another 5 years.

I'm not saying the prices are too high or even out of line, they're just a LOT these days.

Guess I'll stick with the F150 for the foreseeable future.
    You missed the boat. Your truck was worth 10k more 18 months ago. My lease 18 month lease is up in a few days.
    I traded a 19 silverao in almost a year early and got a check back for 7k. My dad did the same and got a check back for 9500. I had a good sized dent in the door. Msrp was 2-3k less at that time as well.

My lease is going up at least 175 a month for a significantly less optioned truck right now.
    Let's go brandon

Also with the kind of mileage you put on, you're in lease territory.
    I started leasing in March of 2017. I have paid for a handful of oil changes and a few inspections. That's it! Not even a set of wipers. Never have to worry about warranty or extended on used. Just drive it. Most times they throw in the wear and tear too. Covers tires, ripped seats dings and scratches under 4", and curbed rims. I'll never buy a new truck again. Last one was a 2006 silverado 2500hd. 35k msrp 0 percent for 60.
    Today that truck is 75k. Do the math.... not happening
    Last edited by Jdwelding; 06-07-2023 at 07:49 PM.

18. Member
    The reservation list for the GMC Denali EV and some Hummer EV models are full, I did not check the Chevy EV truck to see if you can even order one.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    The reservation list for the GMC Denali EV and some Hummer EV models are full, I did not check the Chevy EV truck to see if you can even order one.
    Half price next year

20. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    "$10k over list firm" for a 2023 F250 Limited...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/582432...1877836657780/

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast