Thread: Active target 2

Active target 2

If I have active target connected to battery. I have yellow wire hooked to hds live. When I power off hds live , will it turn off my active target 2, even though it’s getting power from battery? I have heard you are not supposed to leave it out of water while it’s powered up but haven’t put a switch in yet, up front. I have switch at battery but not easy to get to it

2. Member
    Yes it will but just hit Stop Sonar rather than fully powering it down. Stop Sonar will protect the transducer and the module barely draws any power when not transmitting.
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

My active target box has a light on it ALL the time, even when my Live unit is off. I guess it never shuts off.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    My active target box has a light on it ALL the time, even when my Live unit is off. I guess it never shuts off.
    Is the yellow wire from the AT box connected to the yellow wire of a head unit?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KHNC View Post
    How do you have it powered? If the yellow wire is connected to the red, it will always have power. If connected to a switch, turn it off that way. If connected to the yellow wire of an HDS unit, update the software and it will turn off when the HDS is powered down.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175