Thread: snake ID

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LDraper View Post
    The amount of grown men that are terrified of snakes baffles me.
    Going by some of the other threads I read on here I think many of them are actually women.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfisher444 View Post
    Going by some of the other threads I read on here I think many of them are actually women.
    Nah, it's just education mostly. Cities expanding out into what used to be "the country". City folks move out to the outskirts of town into what appears to be a finished subdivision with a couple ponds and some woods nearby. Well, guess what, it was all woods before the developer bought it and clear cut it. It's happening all over North of Houston and you should see all of the frightened posts on Nextdoor about snakes, fox, raccoons, mice, rats, Yotes, etc, etc. "invading" their yards and homes. Guess who was there first?
    2014 920/SHO

Quote Originally Posted by LDraper View Post
    The amount of grown men that are terrified of snakes baffles me.
    I say the same thing about spiders.

4. Member
    Keep the mice and critters at bay. Looks like an Anaconda to me though.............

5. Member
    black mamba I think!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Lots of snakes identified by belly marking, whether scales are smooth or keeled, and scale count on the head. I have a set of Pilstrom snake tongs. Made in Fort Smith, AR I believe.

The black rat snake can reach a length of eight feet, but is usually much smaller.
    The adult snake is black with a white or creamy yellow chin and throat. In contrast to the black racer, the belly of a rat snake is a mixture of light and dark, giving a somewhat mottled appearance. Light areas are often apparent between scales, and the scales on the back are weakly keeled. A juvenile rat snake is gray with light spots running down the middle of the back, and has white eyes. This pattern darkens with age and is generally undetectable once the snake reaches a length of three feet.

7. Member
    I'm going with baby eastern milk snake. Looks alot like the two I caught last weekend in the Poconos. Harmless, good job on letting him go. (no offence if I got the pro noun wrong).

8. triton
    I agree with you ranger185, common milk snake (harmless)...here today and gone tomorrow glad you released her

CARL MAYER
    SKEETER FX20 2016
    BARRYVILLE NY 12719

2023 FORD RAPTOR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12