HDS 12 NOT READING SURFACE TEMP

i have a hds live 12 at bow and a hds live 12 at console.i did the nema restart and the search for temp as lowrance says in troubleshooting. i have temp on console but wont display at bow. on bow i have a 3 in 1 and a active target 1, in stern i have a glassed in puck and a lss2 plus i belive ranger has a built in probe. any suggestions would help and thanks

2. Member
    Go to data sources and check the Temp source you want to use at bow and console. Unless you have NMEA Temp sensors on your boat its not a NMEA problem.

ranger has one in the pad. goto network, data source. temp and click the temp sensor and make sure its global
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

4. Member
    thanks, i went into data source and temp is not an option on either unit, it is set on global

Was everything powered up? The sensor may be bad. If so you will have to pick the transducer each is using and probably set to local
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by horntoad View Post
    thanks, i went into data source and temp is not an option on either unit, it is set on global
    If you have NMEA temp senors go to Device list with the Network NMEA powered and see if the Temp sensors show up if not then you have a problem with your NMEA network. No power short, bad Tee ete ete.

7. Member
    this is great help, ill check that stuff

8. Member
    well ,either nema is goofed up or my hds live is .i plugged in my 3 in 1 to my elite 9fs and it recognized it right away and i have surf temp.so i plugged livescope into hds live and it does work. on my 9fs it lists 3 in 1 as a transducer my hds live does not , also if i put in local on my hds live it says invalid on surf temp

9. Member
    Ranger Boats installs a temperature sensor in the rear setback of the transom, and it is connected to the NMEA2000 network. Your network probably powers on when you have the master power on. After you power up the boat, go to settings, network, device list and look for your temp sensor (if memory serves me it is an EP-85?). This is the device you want to select in your data sources for temperature (make it global and you will be using it for all your graphs).
    ciao,
    Marc

10. Member
    that makes sense ,i have 2 nema ,1-2000 and there is another, thanks ill try

11. Member
    still will not work, this is a replacement unit from lowrance, hope its ok

12. Member
    Is your bow unit connected to the NMEA network (small black plug on the far left when looking at the back)?
    I doubt the problem is in your HDS unit and is more likely in your NMEA network. When you show all your NMEA data sources on your bow unit do others show up, and also on your console unit?

Your 3 in 1 and AT transducers use ethernet to show temperature, not NMEA. Different network.
    ciao,
    Marc

13. Member
    when i put 3 in 1 on fs unit temp works, yes nmea is hooked up, i will try again and look up to see if both units show the same data sources

14. Member
    i looked up data source,on console under sonar it lists water temp global, depth local. on bow unit it lists hds live sonar this device,hds live sonar ch2 this device,hds live sonar ch1 this device, sonar hds live. i have a orange check on hds live sonar this device,there is no temp

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by horntoad View Post
    i looked up data source,on console under sonar it lists water temp global, depth local. on bow unit it lists hds live sonar this device,hds live sonar ch2 this device,hds live sonar ch1 this device, sonar hds live. i have a orange check on hds live sonar this device,there is no temp

So if reading correctly your ch 1 is the shoot thru puck with most likely no Water temp unless you want to read the inside of your hull. Select a correct water temp for the source. Since this long drawn out thread you are going to have to figure this out. What temp sensor is it point to?