Thread: nvda

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Member
    One of my best friends invested $100K in this company three years ago. He's up 1,900%.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianf. View Post
    One of my best friends invested $100K in this company three years ago. He's up 1,900%.
    Wow, I would have turned in my retirement papers several months ago.

I bought in a week ago, was afraid that I was gonna be a bit late but it would at least be a good one to hold. In the 6 days I've owned it, it's up 33%. Heck I think I'll buy some more lol
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    WOW, at this rate I might regret my NVDA sells to buy Bitcoin. Didn't think we would see $1000 this early in the year.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    I started a trailing stop loss at 10% on NVDA. Unsure, due to the wide price swings. Don't want to trigger it too soon. Is this about right?

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I could set a trailing stop loss at 10.9999% and I can gaurantee you that would mark the bottom. I've set stop losses on options using stock price and have marked the bottom. I'm the worst with stop losses.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    My trailing stop is at 15%. Still will make a nice profit but allows for a couple of big swings.

I've been stopped out of nearly every stop loss I've ever set. I'd say a lot of NVDA was sold at stop loss triggers yesterday. As bad as the sell off seemed, we're just back to where we were 3 days prior.

9. Member
    Well, I had hardly posted my stop when it triggered. Spiked up Fri morning, then fell like a rock.
    Not sure how I feel about it. I guess I can always buy it back if it dips some more.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Friday's candle is ugly and a sign of a near term top. Let it sell off and consolidate for a quarter or two. Give me an opportunity to get back in at a good price.
    Thanos was the hero

11. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Time will tell but I think NVDA just killed the hopes and dreams of Tesla.

Jensen did his keynote speech for NVDA's conference last night. It was impressive and worth a watch.

It looks like it's Tesla Optimus bot vs NVDA with a dozen other humanoid bot makers, plus non humanoid bot makers. Tesla FSD vs NVDA partnered with several auto manufacturers. Tesla DOJO vs NVDA chips. I'm not sure there will be much of a competition.
    Thanos was the hero

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456