ST Pete Beach Florida.

Has anyone stayed at tradewinds or Rumfish resort on st Pete beach? Can get a good deal on rooms for a week in July. Got very mixed reviews on the net. Anyone been to the area and can suggest things to do and restaurants would be a plus as well.

2. Member
    Some good fishin right there lol
    Snook and tarpon on that beach
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

3. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I have a friend who lives there and develops the resorts websites. I used to go see him and stay there a lot, but not in the last 10 or so years. I will say there was good fishing at Pass-a-grill.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

4. Member
    You wanna vacation at a beach and ask if there’s anything to do? Hell yes, there’s stuff to do! You can lay down on a towel. You can sit (or lay) down under a portable canopy on the beach. You can walk on the beach. You can go into the water. You can people watch with a hat and sunglasses. You can eat a snack, or even take a walk, on the beach.

And after all that, you can go grab lunch at a local joint to cool off and re-energize before going back out to the beach.

And once you get a terrible sunburn the first day, you can maybe go shopping in St Petersburg, or elsewhere. Could even go to a mall. Just don’t go to Tampa Zoo with a sunburn unless you want your skin to burn even worse. Maybe check out the aquarium. Tampa Devil Rays game (MLB’s only permanent indoor stadium, isn’t it?). Tons of freshwater fishing
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

5. Member
    Have stayed at the Tradewinds several times. Nice place if you want peace and quiet. Great beach area..

Rick

Been a couple times and enjoyed it. Personally I like a little further south down near Seista Key and longboat key.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

Quote Originally Posted by scott c View Post
    Has anyone stayed at tradewinds or Rumfish resort on st Pete beach? Can get a good deal on rooms for a week in July. Got very mixed reviews on the net. Anyone been to the area and can suggest things to do and restaurants would be a plus as well.
    The reason you got a good rate is, because it's gonna be 250 degrees with 110% humidity. Tradewinds is a excellent resort. Fish the beaches and passes at night for snook. Look at youtube if you have no idea how it's done.

8. Member
    Check out Sand Pearl Resort, very nice place, used to be an excellent restaurant just across the street.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD. View Post
    The reason you got a good rate is, because it's gonna be 250 degrees with 110% humidity. Tradewinds is a excellent resort. Fish the beaches and passes at night for snook. Look at youtube if you have no idea how it's done.
    You’re underselling how miserable the weather will be there in July.

10. Banned
    The Red Tide will probably be in full swing also

11. Member
    Just stayed at the Rumfish three weeks ago, very nice resort, staff was very professional. You can use all the amenities at the Trade Winds also. One block to the left is Slyce Pizza, very good. Just past Corey Ave is PJ's Oyster bar, excellent seafood!! Stop at Willie's for one of the best Cheeseburger's on the beach. Do not hesitate to stay at the Rumfish!!! Oh and go the Drunken Claim and order some wings and beer!!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leatherwood View Post
    Just stayed at the Rumfish three weeks ago, very nice resort, staff was very professional. You can use all the amenities at the Trade Winds also. One block to the left is Slyce Pizza, very good. Just past Corey Ave is PJ's Oyster bar, excellent seafood!! Stop at Willie's for one of the best Cheeseburger's on the beach. Do not hesitate to stay at the Rumfish!!! Oh and go the Drunken Claim and order some wings and beer!!
    I don’t think I’d get snapper at the Drunken Clam, unless you’re willing to risk the herp
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

13. Member
    Each one is pretty decent and the beaches are amazing.

14. Member
    Check out Madeira Vista right up the road from St. Pete. Stayed there a lot and we love it. Very affordable and with the gas grills under the condo's on the patio area, it makes for great spot to have dinner. Or drink beer while you cook the dinner to take back up to the room!

15. Member
    I remember the terrible parking situation we encountered. Used to be you needed a couple of rolls of quarters just to get through the day.

16. Member
    Haven't been there in years but there was a fishing peer not far where you could rent tackle and grab shrimp for bait. Caught some sheephead there.

17. Member
    Sand Key was also nice and not far. The beach in St Pete had a lot of shells in the sand where Sand Key was just sand. We were having lunch outside and Hulk Hogan went by on a jetski.

Snappers grille pretty good eats. Usually some valley tournaments on the beach. Pretty good breakfast sandwiches at the beach snack bar. Yeah I like to eat lol.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

19. Member
    You vacation in FL in the late fall/winter/early spring… not the dead of summer! My corporate office is in south Florida, I went once in July, and was soaking wet with sweat at 7am in the parking lot before I even made it in the building!!! Dont pay for that experience!