Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Almost through a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 with a a custom tune. Zero issues with wet traction like a couple others mentioned and I don’t baby the gas pedal or drive slow. They are also super quiet and ride nice, more quiet than the BFG KO 2’s before. Needing new tires sometime this summer and may do them again or try something new as I like doing. Lots of others around here run them and have not heard of anyone complaining. Now the snow traction is lacking but I run a dedicated set of snow tires.
    OP, lots of good options out there, go to a tire store and tell them what you want and they will steer you the right direction. As you can see already on this and all tire threads, everyone has their preferences and they never line up and give anyone a solid direction to go. Lol!
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sandman View Post
    Almost through a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 with a a custom tune. Zero issues with wet traction like a couple others mentioned and I don’t baby the gas pedal or drive slow. They are also super quiet and ride nice, more quiet than the BFG KO 2’s before. Needing new tires sometime this summer and may do them again or try something new as I like doing. Lots of others around here run them and have not heard of anyone complaining. Now the snow traction is lacking but I run a dedicated set of snow tires.
    OP, lots of good options out there, go to a tire store and tell them what you want and they will steer you the right direction. As you can see already on this and all tire threads, everyone has their preferences and they never line up and give anyone a solid direction to go. Lol!
    I really wanted to give them a fair shake. Maybe they're new and would somewhat "break in" and get better. Just never came around to having good traction out of the ridge grapplers. The Terra Grappler G2 on the other hand is a good tire. Buddy had them on his F150 and he really liked them.
    Side note. he purchased the Ridge graps and hated them more than I did. lol

I went with what a lot of other people were putting on their F150's, which the Falken's were neck and neck with the Toyo's. The Falkens I could have sooner than the Toyo's, and after the lift kit, I was eager to get it driving on the rims I bought for it.

The Michelin LTX is a great tire. Soft tread though and it shows in the tread life.
    Terra Grappler G2 isn't noisy at all and has great treadwear. Wet/snow is above average.
    BFG KO2 has a very standard tread design but wears great and has a long tread life. Great wet/snow traction. Kinda loud for the tread design.
    Toyo/Falken AT3's are pretty close in design. Good ratings from either of them. Both equally as loud as the KO2's.
    Goodyear territory is what came factory on my truck and they honestly are fantastic. Great wet weather and snow traction that got me through some back country roads that I wasn't expecting to have to go down after a heavy snowfall. Very surprising tire.
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

3. Member
    Cant beat Michelin

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Cant beat Michelin
    Yes you can, quite easily really. For a highway tire they are decent, but they don't make a good AT tire. Unless you count the BFG but frankly those are highly overrated also.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

5. Member
    Just got the bfg trail terrain and so far I am impressed.

6. Member
    Ended up buying the Falken Rubitrek A/T got a set mounted and balanced for $1440 they are almost identical to the Wildpeak A/T 3
    and so far so good they look awesome on truck and are very quiet

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Got 5 View Post
    Ended up buying the Falken Rubitrek A/T got a set mounted and balanced for $1440 they are almost identical to the Wildpeak A/T 3
    and so far so good they look awesome on truck and are very quiet
    Awesome! That tire is on my radar for when I need new ones. I read nothing but great reviews on them.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    Michelin
    I have never purchased Michelin's because of the higher cost............bought my first pair about 12 months ago on my Silverado 1500. Now have them on my wife and daughters vehicles as well.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton 186 View Post
    Michelin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

I put 20” Pirelli’s on my last Ram at Sam’s club. Nobody was even close in price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12