Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Lowrance 1240A.....long shot but here goes!

IMG_1142.jpg
    A Lowrance Bluewater Pro 1240A.....been running since 1998 but transducer has gone out. I sure would like to find a working transducer for it. The one that just went out is puck style but I can make a transom work as well I feel sure. Anybody got one in a drawer somewhere? Know where I might find one? All help appreciated! Thanks

2. Member
    I wonder what kind of hook up is the transducer. Vexilar is only ones I can really think of still making some in dash flasher kits, wonder if they have a transducer that would connect?

https://store.vexilar.com/fl-10-in-d...degree-hs.html

Wish I could still get one for the dash best depthfinder for running I have ever had.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    Wish I could still get one for the dash best depthfinder for running I have ever had.
    Here ya go....

Lowrance Boat Sonar Flasher Gauge 1240A | Blue Water Pro 3 1/4 Inch (greatlakesskipper.com)

5. Member
    I don't believe it comes with transducer but I have ask. I can't see it in pics.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    IMG_1142.jpg
    A Lowrance Bluewater Pro 1240A.....been running since 1998 but transducer has gone out. I sure would like to find a working transducer for it. The one that just went out is puck style but I can make a transom work as well I feel sure. Anybody got one in a drawer somewhere? Know where I might find one? All help appreciated! Thanks

This might be what you are looking for. I'm not sure what the connector looks like but I think this is it.

Lowrance Boat Thru Hull Transducer 106-52 | PD-WSU 20 Foot 200kHz | eBay

Here is another at an even better deal..

Lowrance PDT-WSU 83/200kHz pod style transducer w/ temp 10ft 000-0106-50(60OEM) 42194522005 | eBay

7. Member
    My Bluewater Pro is just using a standard puck transducer I believe. Unfortunately, mine stopped working a few months ago. It was making a whirring noise, then just stopped...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    My Bluewater Pro is just using a standard puck transducer I believe. Unfortunately, mine stopped working a few months ago. It was making a whirring noise, then just stopped...
    Sounds like your head unit quit running. If so your transducer may be good. You could buy the head unit linked above and be back in business. If you decided to not repair I would be interested in buying your transducer. Let me know and Thanks!

9. Member
    Sounds like your head unit quit running. If so your transducer may be good. You could buy the head unit linked above and be back in business. If you decided to not repair I would be interested in buying your transducer. Let me know and Thanks!
    I don't think it's a special transducer. This is what it looks like in this thread, a few pics down in the thread. The older black one is attached to the Bluewater and the new one is going to my HDS Live at the console, so I have 2D on plane...

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1167257
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    I don't think it's a special transducer. This is what it looks like in this thread, a few pics down in the thread. The older black one is attached to the Bluewater and the new one is going to my HDS Live at the console, so I have 2D on plane...

https://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1167257
    Looks just like mine. If you decide you don't want it I am interested in buying from you.

11. Member
    Let me check what I have at home.. I have several older style Lowrance transducers still in packaging from that era. I'll try and post this evening if I have one of these around. I was actually thinking there was an adaptor also for this style that would switch it to some of the "newer" pucks. (gray plug I believe?)

Can you post a picture of the transducer plug you are currently running? I have several older pucks that have never been used and the adaptor to connect the older black pronged type to the gray plugged PDW 192khz puck? I may be able to fix you up with a transducer?
    Last edited by Bobby Gray; 05-09-2023 at 05:57 PM.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Gray View Post
    Let me check what I have at home.. I have several older style Lowrance transducers still in packaging from that era. I'll try and post this evening if I have one of these around. I was actually thinking there was an adaptor also for this style that would switch it to some of the "newer" pucks. (gray plug I believe?)

Can you post a picture of the transducer plug you are currently running? I have several older pucks that have never been used and the adaptor to connect the older black pronged type to the gray plugged PDW 192khz puck? I may be able to fix you up with a transducer?
    It is still installed and I don't have a pic. I will try to get one but may take some time. I am not young or agile.

13. Member
    Here is a picture. It is old unit for sure!IMG_1158(1).jpg

14. Member
    I possible can fix you up. I have an adaptor for this plug along with a Lowrance PDW puck style transducer (gray plug from 90's) that will connect to the adaptor... both in original packaging never installed. albeit aged. I can't find transducer info for your unit.. however the plug connection to the adaptor is definitely the same and it is built to adapt to this transducer. If you would like to be certain, check with someone, but i'd guess this will work? I have no idea what I put into these back in the 90's but seriously doubt I'll ever use them now.. so we can find a bargain for them and shipping. DM me if your interested and I'll shoot you the part number for the adaptor and puck and some pics if you want when I go home for lunch. I'd feel more comfortable if you would confirm they will work.

I have 2,one on the bow & one on the console. Both not being used, would sell but would have 2 big holes to fill.
    Always Think Like A Fish.....No Matter How Weird it Is!!

16. Member
    I would check with Russel Marine. They take in older units as partial trades on newer units. May have it.

17. Member
    5keepers2:

I have a couple of Lowrance HS-WSBK Skimmer Transducers lying around and also have a 1240A flasher but some of the wiring has been cut coming out of the back of the flasher.
    Last edited by RangerJim; 05-10-2023 at 02:27 PM.
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

18. Member
    I'm sure someone on here will fix you up but if not try ebay and or FB Marketplace.

19. Member
    I don't believe it comes with transducer but I have ask. I can't see it in pics.
    Also says new but has nicks on it?

20. Member
    Likely expensive but i'd be surprised if Airmar didn't have one for that unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast