Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancoCialone View Post
    I bet if everyone stopped buying these boats, the price would come down. That goes for over priced vehicles sitting in dealership lots too !
    The price might come down substantially for the ones already built and on dealers' lots. But, no more would be built at those significantly lower prices...or at least none comparable to current models.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    What the hell is the difference in $85,000 or $90,000 its laughable what people spend on a bass boats
    I read those same comments when prices were 40-50k…back on the hairball I see.

3. Member
    So they set their MSRP up really high and then mark it down 7% and that is supposed to be a deal?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Prices will continue to increase. Just because they had a “sale” doesn’t meant prices are going to start dropping.
    This!

5. Member
    High end toys and vehicles are still selling! The working middle class is pretty much out of the game at this point...
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

6. Member
    Have not seen them ever drop..........always increase. Albeit with 8% inflation and supply chain issues they usually would increase along with the increased demand. Other than a few stripped models a couple years ago can anyone ever remember a time where it was such a 'deal' you couldn't pass it up?

7. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    High end toys and vehicles are still selling! The working middle class is pretty much out of the game at this point...

Exactly!

8. Member
    Lol @ middle class. Like that’s a thing anymore.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

The BPS in Cary, NC had a Z21 on the floor for $80k. That's almost $27k over what I paid for my 2016.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    Lol @ middle class. Like that’s a thing anymore.
    People just gotta start realizing that if you’re not making a 100k a year anymore, you really just aren’t doing that good. Sure you can get by just fine, but that’s what you’re doing….getting by.

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    People just gotta start realizing that if you’re not making a 100k a year anymore, you really just aren’t doing that good. Sure you can get by just fine, but that’s what you’re doing….getting by.
    Not enough 100k jobs to go around.

12. Member
    And sadly most skilled labor jobs just don’t pay better than “get by”. I’ve always felt trades people should get paid a little better than we do, but that would mean people at the top making less and that’s it going to happen. Not saying it should btw, I know many of those people earn their money too. I could rant on and on about it but it’s pointless and I’m probably wrong anyhow. So I have just relegated that even tho I’m educated, work my ass off and have a skilled needed job I am just going to have to try and get by. That’s life
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

13. Member
    They have a sale, so what. That, and Ranger is no longer a premium brand. Just a Nitro rebadged.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    Shit I make over $100k (35 years old) and I am running a 16 year old boat into the ground and may repower or might not when the engine with 800 hours blows. I refuse to even entertain the idea to buy a boat for today's prices. Fishing is my passion too. I will find another passion before I spend that much on a boat.

15. Member
    i am working middle class? if I want something I work harder and longer to afford it??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

16. Member
    In past years they always had some type of incentive. Boat cover or something. 5k sounds nice though.
    92 492vs. 92 Suzuki 225 EFI

17. Member
    Do not know about new boats, have not bought one in years and do not actually keep track of pricing. But new trucks have increased over 30% since 2020, and used trucks over 34% since 2020. That ain't no 3-4,000 increase per year!

Increases in products were 3-4% a year prior to the CoVid scenario. Tractors, vehicles, milk and bread all saw exponential increases these last two years. Products on boats are now different and those products will not come down sequentially as containers, materials and labor will remain higher. McDonalds can not take away that $15 to $20 an hour wage that CoVid brought them, which made a burger, fries and a shake $12-$15 with taxes.

Long gone is the old McDonalds commercial phrase of burger, fries and a drink with change back for your dollar. ($1)

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Increases in products were 3-4% a year prior to the CoVid scenario. Tractors, vehicles, milk and bread all saw exponential increases these last two years. Products on boats are now different and those products will not come down sequentially as containers, materials and labor will remain higher. McDonalds can not take away that $15 to $20 an hour wage that CoVid brought them, which made a burger, fries and a shake $12-$15 with taxes.

Long gone is the old McDonalds commercial phrase of burger, fries and a drink with change back for your dollar. ($1)

" ...45 cents for a 3 course meal
    sounds to me like that's a steal.
    that's all it costs to eat here, every day
    drive out to McDonalds drive-in right away..."
    (or something like that - I am sooo old)
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

Aren’t we all… or some of us are.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRic View Post
    " ...45 cents for a 3 course meal
    sounds to me like that's a steal.
    that's all it costs to eat here, every day
    drive out to McDonalds drive-in right away..."
    (or something like that - I am sooo old)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast