Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thumbs Up Anyone feel like we have to slow down growing the sport of bass fishing ?

I do…. If I go back 7-10 years ago -our lakes here in the northeast were uncrowded compared to what they are today. The typical 1-3 boats in a reservoir parking lot is now 10-15 every time I go -we are even talking midweek. Years back I can remember heading out on a Tuesday and Thursday and being the only boat out until mid afternoon. Try that now and I’m lucky to get a spot-it’s crazy. Due to all the angler’s out there and constant fishing pressure -the bite is considerably tougher on most bodies of water. I am all about youth fishing and have two boys myself but
    things sure have changed - I say we slow down the growth of the sport -it’s saturated /do not need more angler’s involved ….how is it in your neck of the woods -have to imagine more guys than ever out fishing ??.just my randy blaukat rant of the day ….Lol :)

Yeah lot's of fishermen out there nowadays. I love fishing and I'm sure most everyone on this board does too. Looks like a lot of people are finding they love fishing too and thus the growth. I'm retired so I don't have to deal with the weekend crowds thankfully.

3. Member
    It has gotten crazier through the years everywhere. The places I used to go are about the same but have seem a few more using kayaks, waders and canoes than before. Having a lake to yourself or boat parking close seems to be a thing of the past for most. I truly enjoy and love fishing but will never hesitate to introduce an interested person(s) to it.

4. Member
    Unfortunately by me -midweek crowd is almost like weekend crowd now

5. Member
    Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    Unfortunately by me -midweek crowd is almost like weekend crowd now

6. Member
    As we all know the good old days are over as we knew them, especially for us older guys. I feel your pain but as someone else stated I would never deter a young person or anyone for that matter from taking up fishing. It isn't only fishing it is most everything else as well, more humans = more fingers in the pie.

7. Member
    Does anything ever get any better? I personally think it never has. With population only gets worse.

8. Member
    There is a lake by us (170 acres). Electric only. I started fishing it 3 years ago. On a Saturday (any Saturday) there may have ben 8 vehicles in the lot. All but perhaps one were canoes and kayaks. Last year, the last Saturday I fished that lake (in June) there were 18 trucks. Drove by two weeks ago, there were over 20 trucks. The gravel parking lot only holds about 10. It is getting ridiculous.
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

9. Member
    Yes! Ban High school and college tourneys.

10. Member
    Prices of new boats ,trucks etc will slowly kill the sport for average people. I miss the old days when people worked during the week.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike petro View Post
    Yes! Ban High school and college tourneys.
    Until its your kids turn right?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Does anything ever get any better? I personally think it never has. With population only gets worse.
    Im on board with this. I’d also be fine if all tourneys went away. I really don’t have anything against them, I just don’t care for them personally.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

13. Member
    Social media has really brought bass fishing to the forefront over the last decade or so and it shows.

14. Member
    Maybe it's just the lakes I fish, but I haven't noticed a big increase in the number of boaters/anglers around my area. Because of working during the week, I mostly only get to go out on weekends too. Of course now that I said that I'm sure the next time I go out there will be twice as many people there.

15. Member
    Surely those that say x,y, or z should be banned or "go away" aren't being serious, right?

I am an avid nuisance wildlife control and fur trapper. Let me tell you from much personal experience with legislation from anti-sportsman organizations that if you give these people an inch they will take a mile. Bass fishermen should never introduce the thought or idea of imposing further restrictions/legislation on fishing. Before you know it you won't be fishing at all. You cannot trust your government representatives with assigning rules to a sport they don't understand.

Whether your lakes are more crowded or not is personal opinion. But please do not be foolish enough to think we should ban certain things within bass fishing. If that is the case we are our own worst enemy

Quote Originally Posted by coreynov902 View Post
    Maybe it's just the lakes I fish, but I haven't noticed a big increase in the number of boaters/anglers around my area. Because of working during the week, I mostly only get to go out on weekends too. Of course now that I said that I'm sure the next time I go out there will be twice as many people there.
    Iowa? You got what, 2 lakes?

I feel like guys were on here bitching about the lakes getting to crowded 7-10 years ago. So has it changed or stayed the same and its the same argument again.

18. Member
    Tough situation as lakes have got busier from bass boaters but don’t know about your location but almost every spot of shoreline has a house and it and most lake front houses have boats/jet skiers. Can’t do anything about it. Like someone posted what about when it’s your child that wants to do high school tournaments and they can’t or lakes are “closed” on thursdays. One of my favorite lakes has a lake front owners association that locks the ramp and you have to pay and apply to fish it.
    Red Sox in 6!

The larger crowds would be easier to take if there was still the respect and common decency that anglers had for each other 20 years ago.
    There’s no use being stupid if you’re not willing to show it off.

20. Member
    There are a handful of lakes around where I live that are not the same as they used to be. Have noticed a difference in the fishing within the last 5 to 6 years. But also, some of the same lakes that were good back then are just as good, if not better, now. Can still find places that have little to no boats on them and have whole areas to yourself.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast