Mercury digital throttle and digital hotfoot?

Anyone have any experience with these on a bass boat?

2. Member
    2021 Caracal with 225 Mercury DTS and DTS hotfoot. Excellent system will cost you a little more I think the upgrade is around $2k.
    Positives:
    - once set up you never have to worry about achieving WOT. It never changes fly by wire.
    - it’s a good option if someone doesn’t like the hotfoot option.
    - having the choice hand throttle/hotfoot.
    Negatives:
    - cost upgrade (this is my last ride so no skimping was my thought process)
    - the hand throttle option takes getting use to its crisp and fast. One outing and you will have that down to feather throttle.
    - availability could take a while to get one depending on Mercury’s demand.
    Notes: I consulted with (mikesxpress and Don weed) before deciding on this motor both gave it a thumbs up. Again Don emphasized once set up achieving WOT is never in doubt. Overall I’m very happy with the DTS system.

I run a Verado. I just have the hand throttle. It is like anything else. Once you are use to it you will never look back. Rick convinced me that a hand throttle was all that i needed. I don't miss the hot foot ever now.

4. Member
    I will say it would be ideal to have that option. A hotfoot is awesome to have in rough seas like the Great Lakes. Though in really long no wake zones or long distance runs a hotfoot will cramp you up

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I will say it would be ideal to have that option. A hotfoot is awesome to have in rough seas like the Great Lakes. Though in really long no wake zones or long distance runs a hotfoot will cramp you up
    I hate my hot foot for long runs, talking 45 minutes plus, however I wouldn't be without it being that I fish the great lakes and LSC.....