Thread: NFL Draft

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I am watching hockey but I just checked the website and I see a RB has already been picked. I cannot remember a running back being picked that quick in a long time.
    I’m just waiting for the bears pick and it’s hockey for me as well. My favorite sport and the best playoffs of all sports.
    Huntin' Ducks, Chasin' Pheasant, Catching Fish

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I should do a mock draft.

Spot on.Well done sir
    Scott
    2016 Nitro Z20 Pro
    Serial # 2B125401 - 250ProXS DFI/TM2

3. Member
    Atlanta…a running back at 8??…..oops.

Bo Callahan looking dude isn’t going in the first round.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    I should do a mock draft.
    I'd pay way more attention to it than that Dude on ESPN

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I am watching hockey but I just checked the website and I see a RB has already been picked. I cannot remember a running back being picked that quick in a long time.
    Saquan went #2 a few years ago

I think Philly is going to be a very difficult team to beat for several more years. That defense is going to be a unit to say the least. Woof.

I was optimistic of Detroit turning things around, but both of their picks were reaches although I think highly of Jack Campbell, just not as a 1st rounder.

I was hoping Minnesota was going to trade down to get more picks, but I am curious about Jordan Addison. I think overall the NFC north has worse than average defenses so going offense in the 1st and winning high scoring games may be the difference between making the playoffs or being the 1st one out of the wild card. I dont think the NFC north is going to send 2 teams to the playoffs for a few more years I guess.

My Cyclones finally broke the 1st round curse, although the Jets reached for him. Congrats Will McDonald!

Reporting in for the Deadskins. We picked a kid (E. Forbes) that soaking wet weighs as much as the towel girl, so NFC East teams should load up on big WR's. I think we got pulled into the trap of drafting based on addressing one metric - in this case lack of turnovers - and in the process opening us up to regressing in others.

Gonzalez was the consensus better pick, kudos to the Pats for not screwing up what was a gift by Ron Rivera and team.

9. Member

So, this guy stands a podium and hands out work assignments.
    Hang on. I'll help you in 77 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dwtaylor View Post
    I think Philly is going to be a very difficult team to beat for several more years. That defense is going to be a unit to say the least. Woof.
    Philly is going to be setup for awhile now, unfortunately.

I was hoping Dallas would get that TE from Utah, but the Bills made the right move by taking him.

Personally, I think the Texans just committed suicide. I think Stroud is the most overrated player in the draft, and trading up to get a LB won't pay off for them.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadows View Post
    Philly is going to be setup for awhile now, unfortunately.

I was hoping Dallas would get that TE from Utah, but the Bills made the right move by taking him.

Personally, I think the Texans just committed suicide. I think Stroud is the most overrated player in the draft, and trading up to get a LB won't pay off for them.
    As a Titans fan I loved the picks by the Texans and everything they gave up to get Will Anderson.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassin_7 View Post
    Damn, Bears!

I was looking forward to this pick
    I think the Bears made a monumental error in trading the 1st pick. They should have jumped ship with Justin Fields and started over with Bryce Young. That kid is special, Fields is not.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

13. Member
    Titans got a good one in Skoronski. I'd hate to have to shed a block from him and then tackle Derick Henry.

14. Member
    Bryce young is a nice kid, but he is too small. I'm glad the Bears traded the one and got a solid receiver and a bunch of draft picks, but you have to hit on the picks. Time will tell.

15. Member
    Ahh the Lions.... You would think someone in that organization would have realized they should only draft a running back in the first round if two criteria are achieved: 1) Played for an Oklahoma school and 2) their initials are "B.S." Otherwise they had no business drafting a RB in the first round this year. Hmm, they wonder why they have only won one playoff game in the past 50+ years?

By the way, for any non Lions historians, the "B.S." refers to the great drafts for Billy Sims and Barry Sanders respectively.

2 hrs and 15 mins and they were only on pick 16. I turned it off. Whole thing is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Drahts View Post
    2 hrs and 15 mins and they were only on pick 16. I turned it off. Whole thing is ridiculous.
    That's a long time to watch something that you think is ridiculous.

18. Member
    I don't really follow football, so I can say I have no idea why they make such a big deal out of this. Is the NFL draft more of a gambling deal. What is the big deal, and is this really going to affect any of the people watching lives? I just don't understand why they make such a big deal out the draft. If this was a military draft I could see making a big deal out of it, but all it is making a big deal out of players that are to be payed way to much money to play football. Again doesn't make much sense to me, and is a big reason I don't care for profession sports like football, baseball, and basketball, and I forgot Nascrap.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    That's a long time to watch something that you think is ridiculous.
    Some people take awhile to make up their minds. I like what Philly did, good call on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    Some people take awhile to make up their minds. I like what Philly did, good call on your part.

That was just a wild guess on my part.

I feel better today than I did last night over Dallas' pick. It's a gamble on if you are getting true first round talent when picking that late but they filled a need with a player that could be a good one pretty quickly. I was hoping they would draft a TE in the first as I just don't think most young TEs make a 1st round impact especially early on.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast