Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    I saw a guy getting into a new 4 door jeep in the home depot parking lot. It was that metallic green color and I commented that it was a nice looking ride. He asked me if I wanted it, said it was the worst thing he ever owned. Said he had it for almost a year and it's been back to the dealer 4 times for warranty issues and he has only put 4 thousand miles on it. He also said that when it rains he can't get out of the driveway before he gets wet. It sure looked nice.
    Did he have the top on?

Quote Originally Posted by ProVle View Post
    I bet you could make 2 or 3 Jeeps from the metal in a old IHC Scout.
    What metal? If any rusted worse than Jeeps, it was IHC Scouts.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Did he have the top on?
    Thinking he meant leaving the garage

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Junkies Earning Excellent Pay.... JEEP

Worked there for a couple of years back in the late 90's. They jumped the shark when they produced a 4-door model, that is NOT a JEEP.

One of my good buddies has a '95 (last year of the square headlights and leaf springs) that he bought new for 16K, does more sitting than driving on it. He had turned down stupid offers for it, last one was 35K. People stop by his house all the time, knock on the door and ask if he wants to sell it as it sits outside in a carport. Only has about 50K miles on it. He won't sell because of all the great memories we have tooling around in it.
    Never heard that one, but very familiar with this one; Jeep - Just Empty Every Pocket. There are so many things you can buy for Jeeps, so many mods to do, it can add up quick. When I bought my Rubicon, I told my wife it already has many of the upgrades from the factory...4:1 T-case, 44 front and rear axles, 4:10 gears, lockers, disc brakes all around......then I started adding things. Long arm lift, wheels, tires, winch, bumpers, tire carrier. She said I thought you said this this Jeep had everything. I explained that she must have misunderstood, I meant this was a good platform to start from.

Marketing brilliance … a vehicle with crap for options for double the price

And thanks to the 3.6 I can do cams and rockers and oil filter housings just about blind folded .. a couple a week

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rednecktech View Post
    Never heard that one, but very familiar with this one; Jeep - Just Empty Every Pocket.
    There is a reason for that one, at any given time there were at least half a dozen undercover Toledo Police from the Narc division working on the line trying to snag the dealers that worked there (being in IT we were kept in the loop as we had to setup accounts for them in the systems). I happened to be at one of those dealer houses, long story short her brother and I were in a band together and we practiced in her basement since she worked second shift. Cops came in with masks, guns, etc... to get her not realizing that she worked 2nd shift. Had a warrant, tossed her house, didn't find anything other than paraphernalia and some pot seeds. We all had to sit out in the yard until they cleared us by running ID's. Funny thing is the other guitar player usually had some weed on him, but he had forgotten to bring it that night, he dodged a bullet.

imagejpeg_0_20220618_202119.jpgUse them for what they are memeant to be used for here is daughters 2020. The new ones are better on the hwy than the previous generations

8. Member
    I owned a 2011 Jeep Unlimted. I traded it at 130,000 miles for a 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. At 141,000 miles I traded it for a 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L, I love the three seats. I still have my 1998 Jeep a 4 cylinder with 220,000 miles. Now the body and frame has been through hell and back.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

9. Member
    my wife wanted a 4 dr wrangler and found a good deal on a 2019 about 2 years ago we bought it she drove it 2000 miles and and parked it. she just thought she wanted one, we sold it to a dealer foe 5000 more than she paid for it. they are fun but not good drivers.

10. Member
    That is crazy expensive for a Jeep. They are fun and would love to have one but not at that price.

11. Member
    I know of a shop that Jeep rust repair is his main thing. https://www.driversadvice.com/why-do-jeeps-rust-so-bad/

My girlfriend has a 4dr Jeep JL, it's the most uncomfortable thing ever!! I'm 6'3" and feel like I'm in a go-kart. She swears its faster than my 3.6 300c or my 5.7 Ram Limited. If we go out together in her vehicle it has to be her Kia Soul, it has more room then the Jeep.
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post

And thanks to the 3.6 I can do cams and rockers and oil filter housings just about blind folded .. a couple a week
    I do used car recon for our shop, I got started on the cams somewhat recently, but they are getting frequent. I’m not mad though . And yes the oil filter housings I’ve had down for a while.
    2008 Skeeter 21I. Yamaha 250 Series II.
    2011 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4.

14. Member
    I always LOL at those that complain about the way a jeep drives or rides. It is a purpose built vehicle made primarily for one purpose. People use it for something else then bitch why it does not do everything perfectly.

tThey are what they are an off road vehicle and the platform excels at that. A vehicle with a soft top and solid axle is not going to provide a luxury on road experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    I always LOL at those that complain about the way a jeep drives or rides. It is a purpose built vehicle made primarily for one purpose. People use it for something else then bitch why it does not do everything perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by jigheadworm View Post
    tThey are what they are an off road vehicle and the platform excels at that. A vehicle with a soft top and solid axle is not going to provide a luxury on road experience.

Ours didn't have a soft top nor did it come with big off road tires. They also sell 2WD models.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 04-23-2023 at 12:50 PM.

Doesn't make much difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Ours didn't have a soft top.

Quote Originally Posted by jigheadworm View Post
    Doesn't make much difference.

But they sell 2WD models.

Alittle advise from someone who has kept a jeep in the family for 35 yrs if you want something to off road and take the top down for warm weather rides around town and it not be your primary vehicle go for it,if you are buying as your everyday vehicle don't do it.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 99R93S View Post
    How many posts do there need to be on topic before I’m allowed to say how hideous Gladiators are?
    Had one for a rental. They are as dumb as they looked, no way I’d buy one after driving that for 3 days in Colorado.
    Brandon
    1996 Ranger 362XT
    Johnson Faststrike 150

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast