Would Hubbard Creek be a good place for a small place at the lake for the family

Guys, what do you think? Does the lake offer good crappie and white bass fishing? Goot cat fishing? I know the bassin is great. Do you guys know how you can look at places for sale down there? Not looking for much, just a trailer down there we can hang out at from time to time. Not in the market yet but doing some research so we can get ready. Momma said she would like a place like that soon.
    Dano

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar

Re: Would Hubbard Creek be a good place for a small place at the la ... (Bitman)

Haven't ever fished for kitties there, but it has whites and crappie. What trailers might be on the lake will be south of the bridge.

3. Member

Re: Would Hubbard Creek be a good place for a small place at the la ... (Bitman)

My family has had a place on the lake since the lake opened way back when. The crappie and catfish are excellent, don't know about the whites but I am sure they are good. It's also one of the best ski lakes in the country. When I was going to high school there everyone always went to PK to ski & swim the ruff water. Hubbard always has a calm cove somewhere to take the kids tubbing, skiing. I highly recommend the lake. I heard yesterday they are going to restock Largemouth next year.

4. Member

There are a couple of trailers/lots for sale at Kennedy Park on Ivie right now. Jerry at Elm Creek can feel you in.

5. Member

Re: Would Hubbard Creek be a good place for a small place at the la ... (DDixon)

Thanks Dale, Ill hit him up!

I caught 3 good channel cat on a crank bait working the dam one morning. Danny you would be in heaven on HC, it's full of carp and gar for your coonass.

7. Member

Re: Would Hubbard Creek be a good place for a smal ... (SkeeterBob)

Hahahahah, nice one Bob!!!!!!!!!